It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2005, 10:43 AM   #1
(male)

irish18 HB User
heart palpitations

hi everyone. just had to come somewhere and try and get some piece of mind.

heres my story.....im a 30 year old male, 5'6 and 150 lbs. about 6 months ago i woke up early in the morning with my heart beating out of my chest with an irregular beat. went to the e.r.

they said i was in a-fib and gave me some stuff to try and get it back into the right beat. it was still irregular after 45 mins. so they admited me. i had a chest x-ray and that came back fine. i had an echocardiogram done and it was fine. they said there was nothing physically wrong with my heart. no problems with the structure. after about 4 hours it went back to normal.they did another ekg and it was fine. it was hours before the dr. came to see me. he said that this just happens some time for nor eason. then said i could go home. he came back about 10 minutes later and said that one of my blood tests showed that my potassium was very low. he wanted to check this again. the test came back and the potassium level was back to normal. i was able to go home. before leaving, the dr. told me i didnt need an follow up visit and that it could happen again i 6 years or never.

my family got me to go to another dr. for a follow-up. he did another ekg and it came out fine. he said he noticed that one of my BP readings from the e.r. was a little high. other than that, he couldnt find anything. he said i may want to come back and take a stress.
i didnt really want to do this, so i didnt make an appointment.

about a month later, i woke up one morning and was very dizzy. i went ahead and went back to the e.r. just incase. they monitered my heart again and it was fine. the doc said it was just vertigo. i sopke with him about my previous heart episode. he said that from what he saw, everything looked fine. at my age, if i had a heart problem, i would know.

so now its been 5 months since then. every once in a while i will get freaked out about it or think i might be having a heart problem. ive become very aware of my heart.

about 2 weeks ago, i was laying in bed fixing to go to sleep and it felt like my heart skipped a beat. this cause me great anxiety. nothing happened for a few days. they every night for 4 days it felt like my heart skipped a beat. just once. each night.

then the next day, it skipped 5-6 times during the day while i was at work. there is no pain with these skips. just feels like it stops for a second. i usually dont get dizzy with them. im not for sure if i did that day at work or not. i think when it started, i started to have a panic attack.

i cant go 5 minutes without think that im going to have a heart attack now. im always aware of my heartbeat and just waiting for it to mess up. i cant sleep. its driving me crazy.

just curious if anyone else has had any of these symptoms and any thoughts.

i have a dr. appointment set for 2 weeks from now, but if this keeps up, i might go to the e.r. again.

any thoughts or suggestions???

thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2005, 11:21 AM   #2
(male)

PhoS HB User
Re: heart palpitations

Check out this thread , should help calm the mind a bit

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=212360[/url]

Last edited by PhoS; 01-21-2005 at 11:22 AM.

Old 01-21-2005, 03:47 PM   #3
(female)

geogal HB User
Re: heart palpitations

yes, I just started having issues with this. About a month ago I'd wake up with my heart beating rapidly out of my chest. It happened a handful of times. Have been going though some testing and turns out my iron is really low and I think she said it was one of the lowest she's seen. They've also determined I have an ectopic heartbeat. I know I've had 'flutters' for years and the military they made brief mention of it. I think the iron deficiency caused the palpatations. I've been on iron supplements for about a week and a half and I am still really exhausted all the time and feeling faint, but I am hoping the supplements do their work.

Closed Thread