It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2005, 07:38 AM   #1
(female)

maggiemae4161 HB User
mitral valve prolapse and meds

Hi,
I was diagnosed with MVP. I also have TMJD and fibromyalgia. Anyway, the doctor put me on Wellbutrin and Toprol XL and I was wondering if any of you take those and what the side effects were. I have never responded to treatment with the fibromyalgia and kept feeling tired and week all the time even when I was a teenager (I'm 26) and no one knew why and the doctor's could figure it out. I was having chest pain and palpitations and shortness of breath and my fibromyalgia doctor sent me to a cardiologist who specializes in MVP. I hope some of you can answer my questions. Otherwise, I'm in pretty good shape and I passed the exercise test :-)

Old 01-22-2005, 09:02 AM   #2
(female)

hypokelly HB User
Re: mitral valve prolapse and meds

Hi MaggieMae,
I don't take the same meds as you, but I do have MVP and TMJ and possible fibro.I do take an anti-imflammatory and stomach meds,I refuse to take antidepressants as I didn't like the feeling or the fog( as if I need more brain fog)
I'm currently seeing a cardio/internist, who is sending me for a stress test.I'm glad you passed your stress test.
Are you concerned your meds have caused the MVP? sometimes I question whether my antidepressant(effexor xr) caused my MVP, but I don't think so,cause there is alot of cardio problems in my family.
I hope you get all your answers, sorry I couldn't really help, but you have the same problems I have and it compelled me to write.
Kelly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread