It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2005, 10:36 PM   #1
(male)

Capone HB User
Skipping beats, please help!

Hey Everyone,

Sometimes while laying down or standing I get this real slight tightness kinda behind my throat and it feels like my heart skips a beat and then follows up with a harder beat. Anyone else get this? Here's a little about me:

24 y/o male
6'4" 200lbs
BP is 110/68
Had an EKG, Echo, Holter and seen 2 cardiologists. Both said I am fine but I have a very slight RBBB (the doc said he did too) and a low level 1 murmur that I am told is "insignifigant." I went because I was worried when I'd lay down at night my pulse would go to like 48 or 50 beats per minute. I lift weights and all, but I'm not like an olympic athlete. Both cardiologists said that this was perfectly normal for someone my age.

Now I'm freaking myself about this skipping deal, i get it once or twice a day. Is it a PAC or PVC? Neither doctor told me anything about that. Thanks for your help.

Old 01-23-2005, 05:31 AM   #2

stixx HB User
Re: Skipping beats, please help!

FIrst off you need to ask your Cardio if you have PVC's. Im not sure what a lvl 1 heart murmer maybe its somethign simillar, but only your cardio is going to know for sure

That being said what your describing sounds like a PVC, minues the tingle in the throat. I dont get that. But the intensity in multiple heartbeats, during a skipping episode is something i used to get more often then i get now, back when i was intitally diagnosed

But defaintly check with your cardio for sure

Last edited by stixx; 01-23-2005 at 05:32 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2005, 06:27 PM   #3

KarenBeth HB User

The way your describing your palpatations sounds like a PVC.. PVC's are usually a pause (feel like a skip) with the next beat feeling hard and it's felt in the throat area.. I get them all the time. I have had DR's ask me how i can tell the difference between a PAC and a PVC and I just CAN tell the difference.. a PAC feel more like a couple skipped beats and then normal.. Either way, if the DR said yours are fine, they are called "benign" PVC's or PAC's.. PVC's and PAC's are the same thing except they originate from different parts of the heart. PVC's come from the Ventricals, and PAC's come from the Atial (top) part of the heart. ALOT of people go through them at any age, and if you have a healthy heart they are called "Benign" PVC's or PAC's.. they are annoying and not harmful. For those who can feel them have a hard time with them, so it's normal to feel this way. Has your DR offered to try different meds for you like Beta Blockers? There are many out there that help them.. I am in the process of trying different ones and I heard that for some the right med helped take them away.. talk to your DR about that.

Old 01-25-2005, 08:16 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

panicy HB User

hey i just wanted you to know that i too am a youngen... 27 and what you are experiencing or describing.. sounds just like me!!! i mean identical... i was like.. wow. he summed it up.... just explain to the cardio. and ask if they can put you on a low dose beta blocker to stop those... good luck

Closed Thread