It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2005, 02:07 PM   #1
(male)

nojacles HB User
Unhappy what can i expect with AF at 25?

I have just been recently diagnosed with atrial fibulation and i am only 25. i do not have any health care nor will i be able to afford it any time soon. i have had this problem since i was 15. as of recently the pains have been increasing, occasional sharp pains, mainly heavy pressure, shortness of breath. when i would laugh at something really funny i always end up coughing. i also have anxiety attacks, mainly b/c i would dwell on the pains in my chest to the point where it consumed my attention until i i would hyperventilate. the palpitaions weren't an often accurence when i was young, but the last 4-5 years they have slowly crept into my everyday life. palpitaions now happen everyhour, everyday, almost everyminute. my blood pressure was at skyrocket levels since i was younger, dropping it by almost half through dieting and excercise, and dropped my colesterol, triglicerides, etc... by more than half as well, except my blood pressure. now i am close to normal. i now take diltiazem, but i read that medications are only effective 30 - 60% of the time, with lowering effectiveness over time with usage. when i was discharged from the hospitol, i felt no different, nor do i now, and i have little faith in my irregular heart beat ever being normal over time with medication. my blood pressure is still too high.my question is about my future.

what can i expect 10 -20 years from now, if i decide not to waiste my hard earned money on medication that won't work, and cannot afford operations that i will probably need in the future?

because i have AF at such an early age, can i definately expect more problems to develope and/or does AF precede certain types of heart desease?

how does my anxiety effect this condition long term and short term?

Last edited by nojacles; 01-23-2005 at 02:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread