It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2005, 10:59 PM   #1
(male)

GodChaser777 HB User
So how many times does yor heart flutter in a day?

Noticably 10-15 times a day maybe less what about you? Talking about noticable heart flutters.

Old 02-09-2005, 07:52 AM   #2
(female)

mike&ryansmom HB User
Re: So how many times does yor heart flutter in a day?

It all Depends.....Some days are better than other days. A normal day 3-5
A really bad day 10 +++++
So far looks like today is going to be a bad day, 3 all ready...Bummer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2005, 09:54 AM   #3
(male)

FrontierDriver2 HB User

0 funny heart bearts as long as I dont have any caffeine, nicotine, or bananas. I think potassium in the bananas affects my heart rhythm. If I did have caffeine or one of the other things, I would have probably 20 flutters in a day

Last edited by FrontierDriver2; 02-09-2005 at 09:55 AM.

Old 02-09-2005, 10:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodChaser777
Noticably 10-15 times a day maybe less what about you? Talking about noticable heart flutters.
My heart got stuck in flutter mode for months 122 beats per minute! My Dr. caught it and I had gotten so use to feeling that way I didn't notice! He ran tons of tests and found nothing. I think it's perimenopause myself.
I am on beta blockers for it.
I had an episode the other day that was horrible. Once I quit having them I can really tell now.
I have a monitor and checked it was 102! Within about ten minutes down to 67 , it kept going up and down I was terrified. A few times I had it thump to the point of hearing it.
I have been through so many test and seen a Cardio and they can find nothing. The "theory" he gave me was sinus tachycardia. He said my heart once it goes into fight or flight can not regulate on it's own? I think it's Hormones myself

Old 02-09-2005, 12:37 PM   #5

StormLuvver HB User

Hi fellow flutterer. I take in a lot of caffeine, and I have noticed some days my heart will flutter off and on all day. I've also noticed if I have gas that is high up, it causes it to flutter a lot. Have you ever had that weird weak feeling when it flutters? I've also noticed sometimes it will flutter after a meal, or at night while lying on my left side. Have you experienced this? The worst thing to do is feel your pulse when it is fluttering. It scared the heck out of me. It seems to race before a flutter, and during a flutter there is no beat.

Old 02-09-2005, 12:38 PM   #6
(female)

Emaria HB User

What exactly does it feel like. I have a very slight mitral valve prolapse but lately I have these very weird feelings in my chest right between my rib cage and it kinda goes up into my throat. Just kinda takes me breath for a minute. Is that heart flutter??

Old 02-10-2005, 11:51 AM   #7
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User

I guess we're talking about palpitations, PACs and/or PVCs here? Hmmm.... I know I've had more than 100 picked up on a holter monitor before in a 24 hour period. I've had them all my life so I don't even notice a lot of times. I think I've already had a couple this morning... but if I pay attention and try to count I know I will have more than I usually do so that's not really accurrate anyway. But, tommorow I will try to keep a tally of how many I get LOL.

Old 02-11-2005, 07:21 AM   #8
(female)

Thebe HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell99
I think it's Hormones myself
you may be right there asi only get the flutters when im pregnant as soon as ive had the baby...gone...(also taking into consideration a circulary overload, but i do think hormones play a part in women)

Old 02-12-2005, 07:42 PM   #9
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User

Okay, I didn't keep an exact count of actual abnormal beats that I could feel, just the number of episodes of "flutter." Twenty-six, that lasted on average between one and three seconds. Based on knowledge of past monitor results I would estimate that somewhere in the range of 70 - 80 abnormal beats (premature contractions, etc.). Of course, I am quite sure that the numbers are higher when I'm paying attention and trying to keep count... when I ignore it, I doubt if I have as many.

Old 02-13-2005, 11:20 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

get ready for shocker, i beat you all, i have any where from 9,000 - 15,000 PVC's a day (1 every 6-10 beats on average). guess what, iv had them for 5 years and im still goin strong being only 22, it dont really bother me, but i will be going to see a cardio finally and get on some anti arythmic meds to see if they decrease. i was told not to worry since they go away when i increase my HR when i exercise. so i would wish for 10-100 max a day.

Old 02-14-2005, 11:40 AM   #11
(male)

GodChaser777 HB User

You can actually feel thesE?

Old 02-14-2005, 01:35 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

sometimes yes, but when i relaxed and not thinking about them, i go on like they dont exsist. thats the key, if your doc says your fine, and the cardio backs up that claim, the only thing i need to worry about is taking my meds so they dont become a problem when im a senior. I might even concider surgery if they dont improve with the new meds they put me on in a few months

Old 02-14-2005, 03:09 PM   #13
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User

Amen Yugo. Worrying and thinking about them definately makes more. I don't really notice mine all that much. I feel them sometimes but unless I am specifically trying to keep count, I just go on with what I'm doing and not really think about it.

Old 02-14-2005, 07:53 PM   #14
(female)

MacyMaid HB User

I have recently started having these. They make me lightheaded and I want to lay down and go to sleep. They are worse after a meal and when walking. Scarring the living daylights out of me. My doc just shrugged his shoulders. I have mild mitral valve but I understand many people have mild mitral valve without incidence. Go figure!

Closed Thread