It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2005, 03:46 PM   #1
(male)

jepsonbunch@dod HB User
vaso vagel

I have just had an amazing ordeal 11/2 weeks ago where apparently I had a small stroke. My right ear was buzzing tingling tongue tip and lost balance.I didn't go out to it but waited for the ambo to arrive, obviously very nervous.When the ambo arrived and tried to touch me, I said I was going and I seemed to be stuck on one thought and my subconcious seemed to know I was stuck(like a broken record)and started fighting off the thought. As soon as I came off the thought I came too and ambo officers were panicking around me. According to them I had flatlined around 20-30 seconds! They were amazed.They rushed me to hospital and I had all sorts of heart tests and my heart was slow for about a day but was on the improve.The next day the tried to stand me up and the monitors showed that I had slowed my heart to 20 beats a min.They now knew that I had a Vaso Vagel Reaction.I have had these before. Anytime I am envolved with medical situations I am highly Phobic.I have fainted and fitted for years. My left side coord has now been effected by the stroke and they still don't know the cause. All tests were fine(toad,angiogram,MRI,CT scan)they are worried that there is a relationship with stoke and vasovagel, did it cause the left side symptoms? I'm 41years old, very fit(sounds like a dating service sorry),coach tennis for living and play touch football at rep level 3-4 times a week, so my heart is strong and I don't fit any of the stroke risk parameters. I'd love to talk to someone who has experienced this or Knows what to do?Is there medication to calm me for medical events?That seems to be the only thing that brings it on. Please Help.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2005, 09:43 PM   #2
(female)

poolsharky2k HB User
Re: vaso vagel

In response to your post. I too have vaso-vagal Syncope. Mine started out of the blue every time I had to go the bathroom and still continues that way. But because I kept fainting they ran some tests and found that I had a advanced 2degree AV heart block and implanted a pacemaker on 11/01/04. This has helped a bit but still having problems and doc's are considering a Vagal Stimulator. I just wanted to respond and maybe this will help you with some of your problems. Good luck and wishing you well

Old 02-10-2005, 09:52 PM   #3
(male)

jepsonbunch@dod HB User

Thanks mate for your reply, They seem to have done all heart tests and I seem OK in that regard. You are doing it tough , are you saying you go out everytime you have to go to the bathroom?

Old 02-15-2005, 01:33 PM   #4
(female)

joby HB User

I too had the same problem sometimes when swallowing. Everything going white and food stuck in throat. While in the hospital recovering from heart stent, my heart stopped for 10 secs when trying to swallow. They put in a pacemaker and it hasn't happened since.

Closed Thread