It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2005, 11:03 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

salty HB Usersalty HB User
Anyone have a hard beating heart all the time?

My brother has this. It doesn't happen just after exercise, it's always like that, even at rest.

Anyone know what this might be?

Thanks,

Salty

Old 03-04-2005, 03:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Anyone have a hard beating heart all the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty
My brother has this. It doesn't happen just after exercise, it's always like that, even at rest.

Anyone know what this might be?

Thanks,

Salty
Does your brother's heart also beat too fast? Does his heart beat hard for 24 hours each day? How long has it been doing this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2005, 06:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for responding Beerzoids. I appreciate it.

Yes it does beat hard all the time and it's been like that for years.

Thanks,

Salty

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerzoids
Does your brother's heart also beat too fast? Does his heart beat hard for 24 hours each day? How long has it been doing this?

Old 03-05-2005, 08:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty
Thanks for responding Beerzoids. I appreciate it.

Yes it does beat hard all the time and it's been like that for years.

Thanks,

Salty
When has your brother last had his heart checked? You didn't say whether or not his heart also beats faster than normal.

When I was younger I suffered from a tachycardia, in which my heart beat faster, but my heart also beat very hard. Usually, I was able to slow my heart down, and cause my heart to calm down, by lying on my back on doing deep breathing.

During one of those episodes, my heart would not slow down, or stop beating hard, no matter what I did.

I felt pretty good, despite the hard, fast beating of my heart, so I let it go without medical help. I did not realize that a heart under constant stress would weaken.

After about seven months of constant fast pounding, I wound up in the hospital not able to breath. The diagnosis was heart failure. The constant fast pounding weakened and enlarged my heart.

If your brother has had a constant, hard heart beat for years, then it doesn't sound like the hard beating is damaging his heart in the same way that it damaged mine.

Has your brother had a recent chest xray, showing him to have a normal sized heart?

Old 03-06-2005, 06:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

salty,

"Beating hard" is hard to define. Basically, you are talking about high blood pressure(requiring a stronger heartbeat) or beating FAST. These two conditions require intervention.

Many people who complain of the condition find they have neither and they are just PERCEIVING their heartrate as "hard," when really it's operating normally.

Have him tell his doctor and have a few simple tests run to see if all is aok.

Old 03-06-2005, 08:37 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Beerzoids, he's going through all those tests now. He is a conditioned athlete and we are wondering if he has an enlarged heart due to that. He's worried about it so I told him I would post a message for him.

Thanks for your information. I will pass it on to him.

Salty

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerzoids
When has your brother last had his heart checked? You didn't say whether or not his heart also beats faster than normal.

When I was younger I suffered from a tachycardia, in which my heart beat faster, but my heart also beat very hard. Usually, I was able to slow my heart down, and cause my heart to calm down, by lying on my back on doing deep breathing.

During one of those episodes, my heart would not slow down, or stop beating hard, no matter what I did.

I felt pretty good, despite the hard, fast beating of my heart, so I let it go without medical help. I did not realize that a heart under constant stress would weaken.

After about seven months of constant fast pounding, I wound up in the hospital not able to breath. The diagnosis was heart failure. The constant fast pounding weakened and enlarged my heart.

If your brother has had a constant, hard heart beat for years, then it doesn't sound like the hard beating is damaging his heart in the same way that it damaged mine.

Has your brother had a recent chest xray, showing him to have a normal sized heart?

Old 03-06-2005, 08:43 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Lenin. He's going through those tests now. As I wrote to Beerzoids, he is a conditioned athlete and maybe he has an enlarged heart because of that. He is worried because it's scary.

I just like to post and see if anyone can give his/her ideas.

Thanks for writing,

Salty

Closed Thread