It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 02:56 PM   #1
(male)

volcom426 HB User
24 years old with odd chest pains

Hello I have been having chest pains in the middle and to the left side of upper chest for about a week, also hot and cold flashes, pain in my lower left back, pressure on my chest, light headed sometimes tingly and just don't feel to good, but the symptoms come and go through out the day. I'm 24 year old male and have had no prior health problems. I went into the ER and they did an ekg and blood work and they said everything is fine. I metioned that my fiance mother told me it could be an ulcer or something to that affect and that is what the ER seemed to believe. It has been scaring the death out of me because they havent told me definetaly what it is. I have been reading alot of post about anxiety and wonder if that is what it could be, does anyone have any ideas of anything else or heard of anything similiar, Please email me or post a comment. Thank you very much.

[ please carefully review the posting rules - no emails ]

Last edited by moderator2; 03-08-2005 at 08:40 PM. Reason: please carefully review the posting rules - no emails

Old 03-10-2005, 08:31 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

SammyOD HB User
Re: 24 years old with odd chest pains

I've been through the same thing. If you have had a full work up then I would guess it's anxiety for sure. I went through the same exact thing in my 20's. It sounds like you are a worrier like me. The dr's have told you were fine but you just think that it's got to be something and here you are researching on the internet. Anxiety is no fun. It got so bad with me that I would get panic attacks convinced I was having a heart attack. I can't tell you how many ekg's I've had. I even started getting palpitations that led me to get a stress test and an echocardiogram. Random pains throughout my body, heartburn and numerous other symptoms. All tests always came back normal.
It sounds like you have a lot on your mind especially with an upcoming marriage and who knows what else. It could have been a panic attack. If I were you, I would start doing some homework on it. See if maybe this is what you experienced. Good luck to you!

By the way, I never get them anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2005, 12:53 PM   #3
(male)

volcom426 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyOD
I've been through the same thing. If you have had a full work up then I would guess it's anxiety for sure. I went through the same exact thing in my 20's. It sounds like you are a worrier like me. The dr's have told you were fine but you just think that it's got to be something and here you are researching on the internet. Anxiety is no fun. It got so bad with me that I would get panic attacks convinced I was having a heart attack. I can't tell you how many ekg's I've had. I even started getting palpitations that led me to get a stress test and an echocardiogram. Random pains throughout my body, heartburn and numerous other symptoms. All tests always came back normal.
It sounds like you have a lot on your mind especially with an upcoming marriage and who knows what else. It could have been a panic attack. If I were you, I would start doing some homework on it. See if maybe this is what you experienced. Good luck to you!

By the way, I never get them anymore.
Thanks you for the response.
How long would the chest pains last when you had the problems? I have had small pains in my chest all week and almost every evening a would get a sharp pain and feel light headed and get kind of numb but in about half an hour it would go away. Also during the day I have Been having tightness in the chest ?Any Info would be great thanks.

Old 03-11-2005, 05:52 PM   #4
(male)

Mikeycat HB User

If you typed 28 instead of 24, you and I could be the same person. I was told anxiety. I've had some symptoms off and on since December

Old 03-11-2005, 11:33 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

VegasGirl HB User

Same here! Mine ended up being anxiety..I'm 33. All my EKG's and stuff always came up normal, but I'd feel my heart pound, get tingly, numbness in my arms, it was horrible! They told me anxiety leads to panic and that was it. I had a holter monitor for 24 hours and then they could see the heartrate speeding up randomly, even in my sleep. Try the holter monitor and see if they can find what's up with your heart!!
And I should mention...I take 25 mg of Toprol in the AM and in the PM and have 0.5 mg Xanax for anxiety.

Last edited by VegasGirl; 03-11-2005 at 11:34 PM.

Old 03-12-2005, 11:23 AM   #6
(female)

Pink4Flower HB User

Just wanted to say that i'm pretty sure it is anxiety. I've had the exact same thing, I get sharp little pains in my chest, get tingly, and everything. But I do know that i've had anxiety problems since I was a little kid (my grandpa who I loved VERY much died the day before I turned 9, and have had these problems since off and on)... I've been tested by Dr.s, and reasured that nothing is wrong. Just whenever you feel the pain hit, take a few nice deep breaths, make sure your neck and shoulders don't tense up, and relax. Everything will be okay

Closed Thread