It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2005, 10:35 PM   #1
(male)

mikeb HB User
Anyone try EDTA chelation to improve circulation?

Has anyone had any luck with EDTA chelation? Results? Type of EDTA? Oral or IV?

Thanks.

Old 04-17-2005, 01:42 PM   #2
(male)

sam061 HB User
Re: Anyone try EDTA chelation to improve circulation?

My brother did and threw (close to or right) at) $5k away. He began taking ground flax seed and it lowered his cholesterol levels dramatically. I tried the oil for the ground seeds upset my stomach. My Cholesterol levels went from 280+ t0 133. The last time it had got up ten points to 143. But my brother was really upset about spending that much money on it and no improvement.- sam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2005, 11:53 AM   #3
(male)

johnbron HB User

Well, I am on My 4th week of oral EDTA in the liquid form and so far I have not noticed any change in My leg aches after short walks but it is a 6 week program so hopefully I will notice an improvement when program expires in a couple weeks. I have $200 invested and supposedly a guarentee of My money back if I notice no improvement. "So", We shall see if its snake-oil or what I had hopes of being a product that would help me.

Old 05-08-2005, 04:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

donsabi HB Userdonsabi HB User

sam061,
Please elaborate the results of you and your brother's taking flaxseed.
Thanks

Old 05-08-2005, 04:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

I can't imagine that ORAL EDTA can be of any use whatsoever. Since EDTA is a potent heavy metal chelator, I would think that it would waste its effect in the stomach and intestines.
Intravenous chelation shows some promise but the medical profession sees little use for it...primarily because it is completely ineffective against non-mineralized plaques.

Personally I would try it if my ONLY alternative was bypass surgery...but my gut feeling is that it would be a waste of time and money.

Old 07-02-2005, 10:56 PM   #6
(male)

parabellum HB User

ethylene diamine tetra acetate is approved by FDA for food additive, and it is in many processed food that we consume everyday.

the molecule is X shaped, with ethylene diamine in the center and 4 acetate forming the 4 arms. and that 4 arms surround a metal ion, effectively rendering it inert.

and our body then will be able to remove the edta with the metal ion, where as it can't remove metal ion by itself.

it is however unclear if multiple EDTA is able to chelate bigger molecules, but it may be possible.

Old 07-04-2005, 06:58 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Again I repeat,
Oral EDTA or ANY chelator is worthless at attacking plaque of any kind in the arteries. Only intravenous EDTA stands any chance of success. It must be admistered by an MD and costs several thousand dollars for a course of treatment involving many long visits to an office to get prolonged IV drips.
Intravenous drip of EDTA IS approved by the FDA for removal of lead after poisoning and thus may be prescribed by a doctor for anything under the rule requiring only approval for any one thing.

EDTA as a chelator will not remove organic substances like cholesterol and wax, only mineral ions like Pb, Hg, Cd. Fe, and Ca. I, like Willdo, would be very worried about the effect of removing a calcified cap from a large stable plaque.

My ultimate take is that since the stuff has been in use almost a half century and any clear benefits against heart disease would have shown up by now and all cardiologists would have jumped on the lucrative bandwagon.

Again and again though, any oral chelation is a scam.

Last edited by Lenin; 07-04-2005 at 07:00 AM.

Old 07-04-2005, 08:59 AM   #8
(male)

sam061 HB User

I am not quite sure why you keep speaking of oral. He had intravenous. He went to a clinic here in Scottsdale, AZ. I don't know how many times he went, but I do know it cost him $5,000. And I do know it was a waste of money for the doctors at Mayo gave him a cath before and after.

He presently is taking Lipitor, flax, and fish oil to keep his cholesterol down. I have two friends that cannot take satins and their doctors have put them on fish oil. One doctor is from John Hopkins and my friend takes 15 fish oil tabs a day. His last cholesterol reading was 175. I take satins and flax oil. My last reading was 133. - sam

Old 07-04-2005, 11:20 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Because the first and third posts in the thread clearly ask about ORAL chelation, that's why.

Last edited by Lenin; 07-04-2005 at 11:20 AM.

Old 07-04-2005, 01:33 PM   #10
(male)

parabellum HB User

Oral chelation is not entirely without merit.

It is well known to people who work with lead (the heavy metal) all the time that consuming lots of pork meat will eliminate lead from their body, and onion will cancel out
the fat from pork that they consume.

It is unknown exactly which chemical in pork that does this, but people who inhale
lead fume all they long and practice pork consumption religiously, have normal
level of lead in their blood.

Old 08-31-2005, 05:18 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

notpain HB User

I wouldn't say Chelation by IV is lucrative - it is expensive to the patient sure, but not a huge profit center to the physican. A patient that pays $125 for a bag drip or even $200 is in the IV room for a couple of hours under the supervision of a nurse. The clinic I attend has 3 nurses on staff monitoring the patients all day and typically has 4 to 10 patients. So I can see a it as a profit center but to say it's lucrative? Bypass surgery is lucrative and can be completed in a single day! Most of the many physicans I have visited charge $100 to $200 per hour. So it's no more lucrative in my opinion than any other consultation. Plus their is the expense to the clinic of the materials themselves. So if trying to improve your health via Chelation is a waste of money in some opionions or if it doesn't help then thats is just the luck of the draw. No one therapy helps everyone. But if you ask those who it has helped they would certainly say it was worth it. What is expensive to one is inexpensive to another. Does it work? It does for some people. How do you know if it works for you? What is the alternative? If Bypass is the alternative I'd try the Chelation first. Just my 2 cents.

For those who don't like flax seed try mixing it with whey protein in a shake, and if you still can't tolerate it, do what my doctor recommends and get the oil and mix it with organic cottage cheese. Flax seems to be very good at lowering cholestoral and the seed is pretty cheap, the oil a bit more.

Closed Thread