It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2005, 06:44 PM   #1
(female)

df22002003 HB User
Tests

What tests would be best to check if the heart has been receiving both, enough blood flow and enough oxygen? Please don't respond unless you really know.

Old 05-03-2005, 07:26 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

NineLives HB User
Re: Tests

The nuclear scan uses a dye and the areas of the heart that are not getting an adequate supply of oxygen do not light up so I would say the nuclear would be the best test and least invasive way of testing to see whether the heart is getting it's oxygen supply. Unfortunately even that test can miss blockages. It did so in my case. The next route would be cardiac cath and they could actually see whether the arteries are clear and that the heart is getting a good oxygen supply. One thing that test will not show is smaller blockages in the capillaries and veins that they cannot see on an angiogram so I guess there really is no perfect test.
I have answered your question as a lay person not a doctor so actually saying that I know the answer for sure would be impossible, but I feel comfortable saying that those tests would be the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread