It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2005, 11:47 AM   #1
(female)

makingitright HB User
heart rate too high

Hello.

I went to the dr. today for a regular check up and asked to have my pulse checked, because the last time I was there it was 115 bpm resting. I stopped all caffiene for well over a month and it is still 107 bpm resting. I am not quite 30 years old female yet 5 feet 5 inches tall, 110 lbs. I have been under a HUGE amount of stress in the past 5 months, and I know that can do it. I'd like to chalk it up to panic, but there was no panic when i was there today or the day when it was 115. However the only time I've ever been alerted about my heart rate was when it was at 115, so that's my only comparison. My dr. says if it gets over 120 I should call. I just took it again and got 96 bpm. But that's the lowest its been all morning. My questions are if anyone knows or can help...

Isn't 107 even cause for worry? If so, what the heck am I too be worried about? My grandmother was born with two holes in her heart, but she's alive and dancing at age 90. Other than that I have no family history. I do smoke, but under a half a pack a day. Probably 6-7 max.

When I check my own pulse, do you count the tiny beats in-between? Sometimes I feel them, other times I don't.

If anyone can give me some insight I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Old 05-03-2005, 02:32 PM   #2
(female)

makingitright HB User
Re: heart rate too high

Ok I feel bad now. I read some posts, I hope no one thinks I'm making light of what other people are going through relating to high heart rates. I don't get dizzy when standing nor does it go up a significant amount. (maybe 5 bpm) I read where peoples are going up to 200.

I was just curious if it was bad for it to stay so long over 100? Also, she said my blood pressure was right in the middle. It was 127/75. Is that true? Because sometimes I get ringing and "cloudlyness" in my ears and I heard that that is sometimes related.

Again, I'm sorry if I'm asking stupid questions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2005, 05:30 PM   #3
(female)

1blueangelz HB User

You don't have to feel anxious for it to be anxiety...anxiety is always with you...even when you feel fine. Yes it could be anxiety. Has doc mentioned any tests? I would ask for a holter to see how often it is going above 100 because it might not be nearly as much as you think. Good Luck.

Old 05-06-2005, 08:22 AM   #4
(male)

mghealth HB User

My wife has a high heart rate, typically 100+, doesn't exercise and is overweight. However, her blood pressure is optimal, at 106/60. I however, eat right, am of normal weight and exercise 1 hour daily, have a resting heart rate of 50 and I have a higher BP, at around 124/75 (+- 5/5). So, it all depends on the person. I've been noticing that those people that are less physically fit have higher heart rates.

Do you exercise?

Old 05-06-2005, 10:57 AM   #5
(female)

kaykay5 HB User

makingitright
My heart rate is also high at rest. It normally doesn't get below 96. When I am anxious it is 120+ . The cardiologist wanted me on a beta blocker, but decided that as long as I can keep the heart rate below 100 and since my blood pressure is just fine, right now I don't have to take the beta blocker. He said I probalby genetically have a fast heart rate.

Old 05-09-2005, 11:05 AM   #6
(female)

makingitright HB User

thanks to everyone.

I've been taking my pulse now like a mad woman. When I wake up before I get out of bed its usually around 90, but within an hour its around 110. (I'm not rushing in the mornings.) I was getting blood work done a few days ago, and I was asking the nurse how to correctly take a pulse and told her of my concerns, she was very sweet and I was calm while talking to her and she took my pulse by hand and it was 87. Is it more acurate with the machines or when someone takes it by hand?

No, I don't excercise nearly enough to say that I excercise. Now, since this I try to get on the treadmill more often, but as soon as my heart rate goes up I panic and stop!! Yes, I know it's suppose to when you're working out. LOL

My bp was OK, and I'm not overwieght. 110 at 5 feet 5 inches.

Hopefully its just anxiety, but still that in itself is a concern I would need to address so there wouldn't be long term damage.

Closed Thread