It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2005, 03:34 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
Chest Pain on left side? Heart problem confused?

Ok guys i am not sure what to think about whats happening to me I have been getting alot of chest pains, mostly on my left side of my chest and under my breast bone, but sometimes in teh center of teh chest I get pain too, anyway my left arm numbs up at times when this happens, its been happening so many times, I also feel some kind of movement on my let side only like if something moved up all teh sudden, its very strange, I also get this flutter between my chest/throat, I have asthma so I am not sure if thats causing this.

I also have a thyroid condition which is acting up again, anyway i am not sure if you have to get pain in teh center of the chest in order for it to be the heart, with these episodes i also get sweating and a hot flash, a bad migraine. and pain between my shoulder blades, and nausea sometimes dizzy too, and my eyes have not been at these best, not sure if its all due to my being hypothyroid and had RAI 2 years ago, anyway I am going to see a cardiologist on monday, what do you guys think

oh i also have gastritis but I am not sure whether that coudl be it, since my arm numbs up and gets kind of stiff also my fingers on my left side get stuff.

Last edited by jennyVee; 05-06-2005 at 03:45 PM.

Old 05-07-2005, 11:13 AM   #2
(female)

ladychecotah HB User
Re: Chest Pain on left side? Heart problem confused?

I am glad that you have an appointment. As a women with cardia problems, I can tell you that symptoms can be like yours in the center and left side of your chest and numbness in the left arm. I have also experienced left jaw and ear pain and a pain in the center of my back. I know you have other health problems that you may have to get checked out to, but going to a cardio doctor is good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2005, 01:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hello and thanks so much for responding, I actually thought that only chest pains in teh center of teh chest were a sign of a heart attack, but i have been so nervous since teh pain stems mostly form my left side.

I have noticed this happening when my neck/left arm get numb and then my heart starts beating really fast for about 2 minutes straight, and then it just calms down.. its such a scary thing, but the thing is that I have had a million ekg-eckos, and it shows nothing.

what kind of test would show a real heart problem, I have heard so many peopel say that alot of times the tests are all normal and they have a bad heart problem,

what can I look out for, I mean what kind of tests shoudl i get done that can rule out a heart condition? I am scared about this since I have 2 small kids and I am worrying about it too much, let me know what tests you think I shoudl get done so I can ask my doc for them, also woudl a stress test show anything? or a heart ultrasound?

Old 05-08-2005, 06:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi wildo and thanks for your response.

I am so worried about this problem because I feel thing weird feeling right above my breast bone on my left side of my chest, its so hard to describe, my husband says it could be a nerve? I am not sure whats going on but I am just afraid that I have a heart problem and that the stress tests shows normal, I wish i would get a more accurate test, since this pain is getting ridiculous, I also have a feeling teh gastritis is making me get teh chest paini n teh center of my chest, I think its gas, but the episodes that happen on the lft side are teh scary ones, where my arm go numb?

wow that cath tests sounds scary, can you have a heart attack after the test is done also? do they put you to sleep for this test? my goodness heart problems can be pretty scary

Old 05-08-2005, 09:14 AM   #5
(female)

kaley HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladychecotah
I am glad that you have an appointment. As a women with cardia problems, I can tell you that symptoms can be like yours in the center and left side of your chest and numbness in the left arm. I have also experienced left jaw and ear pain and a pain in the center of my back. I know you have other health problems that you may have to get checked out to, but going to a cardio doctor is good.
I seem to have all the symptoms that you all are talking about also.... My Dr's say that everything is all right although I can not seem to get past the issue...

Ladychecotah.....How old are you ? And do you think that part of your jaw pain was TMJ??? I have this all the time or do you think it was strictly heart related????
Thanks all!
Kaley

Closed Thread