It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2005, 04:35 PM   #1
(female)

wmjsease HB User
strange feeling in chest/scary

I've been having what I can only describe as a very strange feeling lately in my chest. It's like getting lightheaded only it's in my chest. Sometimes it feels like I'm just going to pass out and stop breathing. It isn't related to eating. I've had a echo done and nuclear stress testing done, and my cardio said I had a better chance of getting hit by an asteroid than I do of having a heart attack. All the tests were normal. I am 34 and have high cholesterol, but no high blood pressure. It's really scary when it happens and it happens a lot throughout the day. My chest hurts and burns a lot to . I do have acid reflux disease, but this doesn't seem to be related. My cardio doesn't want to run any more tests. Any advice on what this could be.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:46 PM   #2
(male)

Super Mario HB User
Re: strange feeling in chest/scary

it is important your doctor can distinguish between angina and acid reflux (gerd/gord)

it is quite difficult to tell the difference, you might have both?

ask you doctor to sort out your cholesterol problem, there are drugs to lower them, they are called statins ,ask him/her

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2005, 01:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User

Hello Wmjsease
I should have read your post before I had started my own thread. We both have the same exact strange feeling in our chest. Gosh we even came pretty close in naming our thread. I had great difficulty in explaining the sensation that I had in my chest. I finally went and saw my primary doctor yesterday. After I got done explaining the feeling in my chest, he stated that is was palpitation's. He also did an EKG on me in the office. The findings were normal. He explained to me that this can happen for a number of reason's. They are, dehydration, to much caffeine, anxiety, thyroid disorder or a heart problem. Since my EKG came back normal he is sending me to my hospital to have a Holter Monitor put on me for 24 hrs. If this test also comes back normal and I still have the palpitation's he is then referring me to a Cardiologist. Both my doctor and I are not convinced that I am having a problem with my heart but precautions must be taken. But I must state that I do not have any pain in my chest. I also have Acid Reflux, and I am 40 years old with high cholesterol. When I had the palpitation's I also felt as if I would faint. It was the scariest feeling that I ever felt. If by chance something does come back on any of my testing, I will post and let you know. I will also keep you in my prayer's.
Jeanne

Instrumentation = 2 Rods, 6 Screws, 2 Disc Spacers
FBSS-Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
~CERVICAL~
Straightening of the Normal Cervical Lordosis.
Mild Congenital Narrowing of the Spinal Canal.
C4-5, C5-6, C6-7 Herniated Discs
C4-5 & C5-6 , Cord Flattening at these levels.

Bilateral Chronic L4 versus L5 Radiculopathy
Bilateral Frozen Shoulder - MUA 2/7/05
Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Bursitis, Tendonitis,
Tendonosis, Type ll Diabetes, Anemia, Asthma,
Acid Reflux, Migraine's, Sleep Apnea
PolyNeuropathy

Last edited by MarianJ; 05-17-2005 at 01:58 AM.

Old 05-24-2005, 09:40 AM   #4
(male)

sheken HB User

yeah, this sounds like what I have too..very weird!

I'm 20 but not in very good shape and under a lot of stress lately due to exams/work/gf, etc. I usually work out but lately I haven't had much time except for a few push-ups throughout the day. I never did too much cardio and last weekend when I went to play some basketball I realized I can't really last for more than 1-2 consecutive rounds - and this worried me quite a bit.

Otherwise, symptoms are as you describe: lighheaded in the chest area, the heart seems to be beating stronger but not really that fast. It's interesting enough that it causes me mental incomfort when lying on the side because I can hear it beat quite strongly so I have to switch sides to fall asleep. I also feel a lot weaker than I used to and I'm sure it's related.

Additionally, I realize I have problems with short term memory and my ability to concentrate. I am way more forgetful and the worse is that I realize I wasnt like this before. It also takes me much longer before I can concentrate on something and usually the best way is for me to start reading a book which helps cool me down and get on focus..after say 100 pages or so!

Right now I'm not sure if I should just make time for exercise or go see a doctor. Besides worrying about these sensations nothing else happened: no pains, blackouts, etc.

Last edited by sheken; 05-24-2005 at 09:47 AM.

Closed Thread