It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2005, 08:16 AM   #1
(male)

Vipermmx HB User
Question on Heart probs mosly valve related...

hey all im only 24 ive had an EKG done afew weeks ago. My doctor has set me up for an ECG next week. I talked to my doctor about some stuff I have been having and she was worried about a valve issue. Mostly daily non- verto dizzyness, heart beats hard(chest moves with heart beat and I can feel it through my chest just lying down), super fast numbness in bodyparts(faster then it use to be everything falls asleep asap).

She wants to do a tread mill test and an ECG. I also get a sharp pain in upper left side of chest near arm pit and it takes my breath away(i think its more like the air bubble feeling, breath in and it hurts doesnt last long though might be muscle related. Im sure it is) Sometimes i experiance what feels like all the sudden my heart drops into my stomach. Its a very weird feeling anyone know what I mean? Its like my heart just drops and makes me feel breathless for a sec...very scary

Do these issues I have seen to be valve possible? also anyone else heart beat so hard at night(not fast just beats hard) that you can see your chest bounce up and down and feel every single pulse through your back and chest.

It sucks.

Thanks for any replys!

BTW

My blood Pressure is normal
Cholestrol was 429 Total

Last edited by Vipermmx; 05-08-2005 at 09:08 AM.

Old 05-08-2005, 05:52 PM   #2
(male)

tomh HB User
Re: Question on Heart probs mosly valve related...

The pronounced heart beat is consistent with an enlarged heart and valve issues. The best way to evaluate/diagnose valve issues is with an echocardiogram.

Your cholesterol is over double the recommendation. That puts you at serious risk for coronary artery disease. The stress test helps dx artery problems, but a cardiac catheter is definitive.

So, is it artery or valve? Can't tell from here. You need to follow through with testing.

Is the doctor you refer to a cardiologist? You need a cardiologist right away. In the meantime, if you have any severe pain or shortness of breath, go to the emergency room immediately.

Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2005, 07:29 AM   #3
(male)

Vipermmx HB User

well thats kind of scary...

Everytime I seen my doctor and she did a listen to my heart she saw no issues. The EKG was clean. Sucks to think about this stuff at 24!

Whats with the heart feeling like it drops to my stomach and causing 1 sec of breathless feeling? Someone told me that might be more of a stomach issue. Anything with the heart that could cause that feeling like a skipped beat?

Old 05-09-2005, 08:09 AM   #4
(male)

tomh HB User

Sorry, I don't mean to scare you, but you raise issues that need to be addressed by a cardiologist. It may suck, but ya gotta deal with it.

Some stomach issues such as heartburn are often confused with heart issues. Anxiety is often confused as well. In your case, with other symptoms present, I wouldn't make any assusmptions that it's just stomach problems or anxiety. You need to know for sure waht is happening.

Valve issues may or may not have any relationship with EKG's. One is mechanical, the other electrical.

Old 05-09-2005, 08:37 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User

Vipermmx

Is there a difference between EKG and ECG? I don't think so. An EKG or ECG on a treadmill is a stress test and there will be an attempt to capture irregularties with excertion.

What you describing sounds like palpitations. With some people, abnormal heart beats cannot be found; but it can be related to malfunctioning heart valves, heart muscle damage, and coronary artery problem.

Apparently the palpitations were not present during your EKG and therefore a stress test is recommended. Another alternative is wearing a Holter monitor for 24 hours. It is meant to capture and record on cassette tape and irregularities during your usual day of activities.

Also you should have a blood workup.

Closed Thread