It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2005, 05:28 PM   #1
(male)

clihom HB User
Unhappy Pain in my chest

I dont think that it is my heart but i have been having pains in my chest. Not all the time though.I have a very sharp pain on the right side and then it goes away just as fast as it came. I dont even have time to grab my chest. Is there anything that anyone could tell me because it kinda scares me.Also i might say that i have had an EKG done about a month ago and doctor say my lungs and heart are fine. Any ideas would help.

Old 05-09-2005, 06:55 AM   #2
(female)

happybunny HB User
Re: Pain in my chest

Heart pain, such as angina, isn't usually sharp. It's more like a dull,pressing, squeezing feeling if it's from the heart - and usually central in the chest. My angina used to feel like an elephant was slowly putting its foot on my chest! Also when it comes on it lasts a few minutes and fades. Body movements or position changes do not bring it on. Usually brought on by exercise or cold winds or anger/excitement.

Maybe the very quick sharp pains you are getting could be muscular or from the joints where the breastbone and ribs meet. Those things can give rise to very sharp pains that catch you with certain movements. Are any parts of your chest tender to the touch? That would suggest musculo-skeletal pain. I have had chostochondritis years ago, where the ribs/breastbone joints are inflammed. It would even come on in the night when I tried to turn over, really sharp, knifelike, could hardly move. But that was definitely not heart pain.

You have been sensible in being checked out though.

Last edited by happybunny; 05-09-2005 at 07:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2005, 08:01 PM   #3
(female)

Umadevi HB User
Re: Pain in my chest

according to symptom feeling of your heart beat and flickkering pain inthe chest region belladonna200 is indicating. try this medicine daily one dose for three days

Closed Thread