It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2005, 11:06 PM   #1
(female)

tommy girl HB User
Smile Mitral Valve Prolapse

hi everyone! im tommy girl from Philippines, 31 and was diagnosed with MVP last january. i have mild prolapse and mild mitral regurgitation. i had ecg, 2decho and a treadmill stress test with an exercise-induced ischemia. anyone here who has the same results as mine specifically in the treadmill stress test? i've been to 3 cardios already and the last one told me that ST-segment depression compatible with ischemia is always seen with MVP patients. chest pain is my number one symptom followed by dizziness and lightheadedness.....

hope to hear from you guys soon. this is such a nice message board and its nice to know im not alone.

GOD BLESS US!

Old 05-15-2005, 03:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User
Re: Mitral Valve Prolapse

Hi Tommy Girl, I too was diagnosed with same when I was 28. MVP can cause quit a few symptoms. I have 2 very goods books on MVP and I do not recall reading about ischemia being among the symptoms. I have never had a stress test, so cannot tell you anything about that. There are, however, quite a few things you can do to help yourself cope with some of the symptoms. I can't tell you all of them here, but if you can find some good books on the subject, I think it will help. For MVP'ers fluid intake is important, healthy diet, some low impact excersize & stretches. Limit caffeine, sugars, tobacco, alcohol. Gee...I guess that would be good for anyone.
I will tell you my symptoms though: dizziness, chest pain (twinges), PVC's, fatigue, low tolerance for exersize, anxiety, and palpitations.
If you have concerns about any of your symptoms, see )or call) your doctor. If any symptoms worsen, are severe, etc. get medical help immediately. Take good care & I wish you well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2005, 04:51 PM   #3
(female)

tommy girl HB User
Wink Re: Mitral Valve Prolapse

hi guys! thanks for the replies. well..my 1st & last cardio ruled-out heart disease already. my ST-segment depression was interpreted as one compatible with ischemia. i've researched abt it already and here it goes:

Mitral valve prolapse (MVP) is a not uncommon cause of chest pain and arrhythmias, particularly in younger women. Whether due to exercise-induced changes in the mitral apparatus causing a change in electric vectors or basic hormonal changes or a combination, MVP frequently causes ST-T wave changes compatible with ischemia even in the absence of coronary disease.

The electrocardiogram is often normal in patients with MVP. The most common abnormality is the presence of ST-T wave depression or T-wave inversion in the inferior leads (II, III and aVF).(13) MVP is associated with an increased incidence of false-positive results on exercise electrocardiography, with ST-T wave depression occurring in patients, especially women, with normal coronary arteries

there it goes...besides during my stress test, i didn't have any chest pain and dizziness. i was able to reach 86% of heart participation. my chest pain is not always present..last week i didn't have it for 4 straight days (even when having exercise). and the kind of chest pain that i have is recurring (like that of MVP) and the pain, when it occurs, doesnt radiate to my neck, jaw and shoulders. Thank God! one thing i also have is COSTOCHONDRITIS w/c is also responsible for my chest pain..depending on the movement of my arms.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your replies once again. hope to hear again from you.GOD BLESS US ALL!

Old 05-16-2005, 04:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User

Hi Tommie Girl,
Thanks for info! Oh, and I forgot to Welcome you to the boards...so WELCOME.
Hoping you are feeling better and getting a little peace of mind. MVP is quite common, as you've read, and is quite easy to live with, even with the little reminders our bodies give us. Wishing you health...
Hellas

Old 05-16-2005, 09:02 PM   #5
(female)

tommy girl HB User

hi hellas!

thanks for the welcome...better late than never! hahaha just kidding! where r u from? im 31 and from Philippines, married with 2 kids (both boys)..one is 6yrs old and the other one is turning 1yr old tomorrow...hope to know you more..GOD BLESS US ALL!

TOMMY GIRL

Old 05-16-2005, 09:27 PM   #6
(female)

tommy girl HB User

hello hellas! thanks for the welcome...it's better late than never hahah just kidding. btw, where r u from? im 31 y/o and from Philippines..married with 2kids (both boys)..one is 6yrs old and the other one is turning 1yr old tomorrow. hope we can chat more often..take care and God bless you!

Closed Thread