It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2005, 03:23 AM   #1
(male)

DarkChange HB User
Red face Just dont know what to do...

2 Days ago I had problems with my chest area, that burning sharp pain was there and I had it for the whole day...not only that but I've been having palpitations everynight and cant sleep from them cause they make my whole body move (or it seems like that to me sine it might be my eyes that are pulsating too) It went away the next day and I took just a 5 minute walk but then my heart started beating realy fast and I had extreme shortness of breath. It lasted for a long while can I can barely do any exercises now or walk, because If I do I feel like im going to pass out due to the heavy breathing and fast heart. Today I woke up with a migraine and some weird chest pains...I have that heavy feeling especialy if I sit up or walk, and I have this weird feeling of nausea but it feels like its coming from the heart area, I have a little shortness of breath. my mom wants to take me to the doctor but hes on vacation and I have to wait the whole weekend now with this so we can make an appointment with a cardiologist. What to do till then? I seriously dont want to wait for an emergency but no doctor works on weekends.

Old 05-20-2005, 03:36 AM   #2
(male)

DarkChange HB User
Re: Just dont know what to do...

Also, can you guys give me some tips on getting a really good diagnosis by the cardiologist? since I heard that some heart problems are tough to diagnosie or the doctors ignore things (i've read somewhere that the doc could just guess some random things like its just depression or something) But I dont think depression causes shortness of breath and heavy heart beat when I walk.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2005, 05:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

First your doctor will/should do an ECG (cardiogram.)
If he suspects any heart disease he might/should order a stress test...the best one is done with nuclear chemicals in your bloodstream and imaging pictures to show if your entire heart is getting the blood it needs.
Of course, he'll take your blood pressure.

He should really do ALL these three things before he starts gassing about "anxiety" and "depression." These are possibilities but they aren't immediately dangerous. If you;ve never exhibited any symptoms rrealted to anxiety or depression they aren't very likely either.

Old 05-20-2005, 06:07 AM   #4
(male)

DarkChange HB User

I do have anxiety and so on but now I dont even have it and im having these problems, I als have no idea why im so calm because usually when theres something really wrong with me it triggers anxiety attacks but now im completely relaxed eventhough Im having problems breathing and my heart is hurting...Ill ask the doc to do those things but will they even show things that happen only when you exercise? because I dont want him to miss anything.

Old 05-20-2005, 07:23 AM   #5
(female)

Godiswithyou HB User

Let me tell you..you can take all the stress tests and nuclear tests in the world..and that wont give you an accurate picture!! I have had every cardiad test available and they all came up perfect..until now..To make a xtra long story as short as possible..for 2-3 years I had started having pvcs and various pains. I had visited many emergency rooms and bothered my PCP often. I was given all the cardiac tests available other than a catheter. I was told that my heart was fine because I passed all the test and to stop worrying..it was all in my head. Last week I was admitted to a hospital for chest and arm pains and after a stress test that showed I had a heart of a 20 yr old. (ha!) and two days..they sent me home. The following tuesday I went to a cardiologist I had never seen before and was having the same pains..he would not let me leave the office. He called 911 and sent me to a different hospital and did a catheter on me that afternoon. I had a 90% blockage and had to put 3 stints in. That was 2 days ago. I am 39 years old..somewhat oveweight..and quit smoking more than a week ago. This whole thing has scared the bejeezus outta me. Now I am home and very much afraid of each pain that I get..such as jaw..back..arm..I dont know what to do. I had posted earlier on this site about "Could all those tests be wrong"? the answer...YES!!! The only foolproof test is a cardio cath..and then I still wonder..even when the stints are put in..what are my risks now? Next step...pyschiatrist? My biggest dissappointment..is how all the prior doctors made me feel it was in my head..but I knew...and thank God I persisted or I may not be writing this now. God Bless you.

Old 05-20-2005, 07:44 AM   #6
(male)

DarkChange HB User

Wow I dont know what to say, im glad you're ok but I all I can hope for is that something like that doesnt happen to me. And that cath thinger...is it painful and expensive? Ill ask my doc about it...

Old 05-20-2005, 07:47 AM   #7
(male)

DarkChange HB User

Darn forgot to post something again...maybe his might help me figuring out what prob I have...Just about 15 minutes ago I had this really sudden srong sharp pain right in the middle of my chest, it was less then a sec long but it hurt!

Old 05-20-2005, 10:05 AM   #8
(female)

Godiswithyou HB User

well..that could also be imflamed tissues between your chest wall. (which i have heard that before) Heres a secret for you...If you have a pain..in your chest or anywhere that if it hurts worse if you touch it or breath in deeply...then its not your heart. You cannot duplicate heart pain. So poke around the area that you feel the pain..and if it hurts worse when you poke it..its not your heart. I have insurance so I dont know how much I will have to pay towards the catheter...but I do know that my insurance is making me pay 300.00 per day I was in the hospital.. but the way I see it..small price to pay to have my life saved. I'm not rich or even well to do...but I would go in debt to live. Keep in touch..let me know how you are doing/feeling.

Old 05-20-2005, 02:38 PM   #9
(male)

DarkChange HB User

Thanks alot, and I tottaly agree with you. money doesnt matter when it comes to health or going into dept, I find life far more valuable than money...but I wish somebody would tell my parents that. Anyways, I think this is bad because I poked deeply around my chest and felt nothing, and when I breathe in deeply I also dont feel anything...the only thing I feel at the moment is at the middle of my chest if you move down all the way to the end, I feel a little pain there, kind of "stingy." I also feel like im nauseus but where my heart is...its really weird to explain but its just this weird feeling, it kind of feels paralyzed around that area.
Ill keep in touch thanks alot!

Old 05-20-2005, 02:55 PM   #10
(female)

Godiswithyou HB User

have you been checked by a cardiologist yet? any pain in shoulder, arms, back or jaw? I think maybe you should go ahead and see the doctor or go to the ER. Just to have it checked out..better safe than sorry. You mentioned your parents..how old are you?

Old 05-20-2005, 05:55 PM   #11
(male)

DarkChange HB User

im 17 and my parents said no more trips to the ER, already went 3 times this month, just some random stuff. No pain on the places you mentioned just the whole chest area...it feels worn out and just plain weird nut a sharp pain but its all over. I have a little pain right behind my shoulder blades too.

Old 05-20-2005, 07:27 PM   #12
(female)

Godiswithyou HB User

Well..you are very young..and the pain seems to be muscular according to your description.. I think perhaps an orthopedist would be in order for your next visit. Try that sweetie and keep me informed. Bless you.

Old 05-21-2005, 07:05 AM   #13
(male)

DarkChange HB User

You realy think so? Ill tell my doc that too so he should decide where to send me...I even have a neurology appointment in two weeks by the children hospital since no neurologist will accept me due to my age.

thanks and nice meeting you

Old 05-21-2005, 02:55 PM   #14
(male)

DarkChange HB User

Man I feel worse, I still have the dizzy heavy head like feeling from yesterday, it feels like gravity is taking a much bigger effect on me than everyone else. Nothing has happenes so far but there is no way I can get to the ER since my parents would think its crazy...

Old 05-21-2005, 08:11 PM   #15
(female)

Godiswithyou HB User

I am wondering if you have vertigo...do you seem to be off balance? are you nauseaous? At what times do you get dizzy? Standing? Sitting? It could also be an inner ear problem. Do you feel like one of your ears hurt? Do you have a sinus problem?

Closed Thread