It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2005, 02:23 PM   #1
(male)

WHY?? HB User
Severe SVT heart problems

Im 14 year old male and was diognosed with SVT about a year ago. I didnt really care about the crappy disorder untill a few months ago. I got the Catheter ablation surgery to get rid of the SVT, but when my cardioligist did the surgery, he said he found that my SVT was more severe than he thought, and could not finish the surgery. So I thought Oh well thats great. He said to stay on my medicines, and we will do another surgery soon. Well about a week ago, I was having these weird blackouts. I wouldnt pass out to the ground, but I would have these mental blackouts. I wouldnot know where I was or what I was doing for a few seconds. I told my doc and he wanted me in the hospital right away. So I thought ohhh myyyy ggggooooddd. I hate hospitals. I went in to the hospital and stayed there for 3 days, while they were trying to track this blackout problem down. First they thought I had a certain type of seizure. Then they realized that my heart was doing this. During a test at the hospital, My at rest heart rate went from 55 beats a minute, to 160 beats a minute within 4 seconds. The team of cardioligists said then that my heart would raise my blood pressure, causing me to be in a unconcious state. I finally got out of the hospital, yesterday, and i am going back on the 16 of june for the next surgery. If this surgery doesnt work, then my doctor will send me to a different state for a more advanced surgery.

Has anyone had these blackouts with SVT before. I dont want to feel alone here. My whole family thought I was like going to die or something. I hate SVT disorder. Its so stupid. Its not life threatning, but its not, non harmful either.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2005, 10:51 AM   #2
(male)

richdaws1984 HB User
Re: Severe SVT heart problems

The blackouts you experience are most likely to be the change in blood pressure caused by the fast heart. I know people with SVT who have this feeling of blacking out. Like a head rush or feeling like your about to faint.

SVT sucks - its a pain in the *** more than anything!

Good luck with the operation in june mate!

Old 05-24-2005, 08:16 PM   #3
(male)

WHY?? HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by richdaws1984
The blackouts you experience are most likely to be the change in blood pressure caused by the fast heart. I know people with SVT who have this feeling of blacking out. Like a head rush or feeling like your about to faint.

SVT sucks - its a pain in the *** more than anything!

Good luck with the operation in june mate!

Just a question
Are most of the people here from the UK or something

Old 05-25-2005, 04:04 AM   #4
(male)

richdaws1984 HB User

Think its about 50/50 between USA and UK plus a few other countries like Canada.

It gets a bit confusing sometimes becauses the medication, proceedures, hospitals, costs, etc.. vary in each country.

From what ive seen it seems like its a lot harder to get medication in the UK then the USA and although health care is "free" in the UK you have to wait months for anything to be done.

Closed Thread