It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2005, 08:13 AM   #1
(female)

catnip511012 HB User
NitroQuick Question

I would like to know what kind of affect NitroQuick has when you use them. I'm scared to death to try one, I've heard it's a bad feeling when you use them, horrible headache, weird feeling. I guess if I thought I was having a real heart attack I would use it. My doc keeps telling me to try it when I'm having chest pains but I'm afraid of the the affects. Can anyone tell me what it does and how it feels. Thanks.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2005, 09:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: NitroQuick Question

I have a couple bottles that I haven't cracked open yet (the sublingual tablets.) Years ago someone gave me one to try and I thought the effect would be something like a popper...and it was, headache included.

I'm waiting for my first angina attack to give it a try and if I have to wait til Hell freezes over that's just fine for me.

I did get ONE TWINGE (more than that really) last month <shudder> but of course, Murphy's law demanded that I NOT have the bottle with me.

Last edited by Lenin; 05-24-2005 at 09:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2005, 09:07 AM   #3
(female)

heartcreature HB User

There's really nothing to be afraid of. It will probably give you a headache. You can feel the arteries opening up as it working (not painful). I can feel it in my stomach and bowels even. It can make you feel like you need to go to the bathroom. You can also feel it in your arms and legs and your head feels sort of full. I describe as if I can feel the inside of my body opening up wider. I just sit down or lay down when I first take it since it can make your blood pressure drop. I've probably not used it in over 2 years but I can easily recall how it makes you feel.

Old 05-24-2005, 11:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnip511012
I would like to know what kind of affect NitroQuick has when you use them. I'm scared to death to try one, I've heard it's a bad feeling when you use them, horrible headache, weird feeling. I guess if I thought I was having a real heart attack I would use it. My doc keeps telling me to try it when I'm having chest pains but I'm afraid of the the affects. Can anyone tell me what it does and how it feels. Thanks.....
I average about 2 NitroQuicks (dosage .3mg) per day. The NitroQuick quickly reduces my blood pressure, and keeps it down, so I take it mostly to reduce my blood pressure. I also take it when I get chest pains.

I guess that, since I've been taking it for a long time, I don't get any negative side effects from it at all. I love the stuff.

I've also tried the "slow release" nitro. It tends to give me a mild but irritating headache, one in a while, if I take it at night.

You might consider trying ½ of a NitroQuick, as a test. They are tiny, but easy to break in half. This would be a much milder dosage. NitroQuick could be a lifesaver, so you've got to decide which is more important to you, a short-lived headache, or possibly a much more serious consequence from not taking it when needed.

Last edited by Machaon; 05-24-2005 at 11:57 AM.

Old 05-24-2005, 09:05 PM   #5
(female)

bleego HB User

I have been on the slow release nitro daily for few years and I also use nitrotab or nitroquick for breakthrough pain, just different brands. It used to give me terrific headache, but now I get the sensation of the opening of blood vessels, but it goes away very quickly. Nothing else to be afraid of, its a great fix for the different types of pain for heart patients.

Closed Thread