It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2005, 09:40 AM   #1
(female)

becca1987 HB User
Some input/heart question(s)

I have been coming to the boards for sometime now...I too have Flutter's/PVC's but more PAC's...they come out of the blue...have on last night that was a whopper right in the middle of my chest and actually it hurt for about a second...

Here are my questions (I have surgery last week, so I had another EKG...that was normal...the only thing is that my pulse is EXTREMLY S-L-O-W) I have had the following tests and want to know what everyone thinks..these tests were almost 3 years ago and my doctor thinks that I am just a stressed person...hence 3 years ago I was, mother died, father in law died and grandmother died...

EKG's tons of them
Echo- said I had a structurally normal heart
Treadmill Stress Test
30 day event monitor...

The conculsion to all of these tests were normal except for PVC's, PAC's and Braydicardia...no go figure on that one...I have a really bad stomach and I can't tell if my pain or uncomfortable feeling is from my heart or stomach. Before I had the pain last night, I had eaten some pizza...too rich tomatoe sauce...

I am a smoker (1 pack a day), I try to walk reguarly and am not overweight.

Anyone with any ideas? Please give me some input...FAST...and how good are the 30 day event monitors?

Thanks,
Becca

Old 05-24-2005, 02:44 PM   #2
(female)

becca1987 HB User
Re: Some input/heart question(s)

I guess no news is good news..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2005, 06:24 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Fizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB User

Becca:

Sorry to be slow answering, but I just ran across your post.

How slow is your slow heart rate? Brachycardia is normally considered anything below 60 bpm, but I have had my heart rate go as low as 30 bpm, and it normally runs about 46 bpm. I'm on a potent beta blocker to stop bouts of atrial fibrillation, but my slow heart rate doesn't seem to bother me much.

Maybe my body is just accustomed to a slow rate. But I have an ejection fraction of 35% stemming from a severe heart attack many years ago. It appears a low ejection fraction and a slow heart rate would produce a bunch of symptoms like syncope or dizziness, but it doesn't.

My general opinion of 30 day event monitors is that since you must take action to record the event, sometimes the event is past and gone by the time I think to hit the button. I've only worn one one time, and didn't catch anything significant, although PAC's and PVC's usually show up on a simple EKG.

Hope this helps a little.

Regards,
Bill

Old 05-25-2005, 10:53 PM   #4
(female)

CANEY GIRL HB User

Becca1987, Are Your Pvc's Worse After Eating Sometimes? Do You Have Them Often?

Old 06-06-2005, 04:13 PM   #5
(female)

Charmbracelet81 HB User

Becca..Hi I just turned in my 30 day holter monitor at the end of May. The Dr called me and said that "although he did see the palpitations I was recording my heart was beating normally." What did your Doc say? Sorry so late responding

Closed Thread