It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2005, 03:04 PM   #1
(female)

jess25 HB User
newly diagnosed MVR and Scared !!!

I recently had a stress echo done due to some symptoms I have been having(Fatigue, chest pressure, nausea, palpatations, dizziness). I spoke to my Cardiologists nurse today and she told me that I have Mitral Valve prolapse with 1+ regurgitation. I am really scared because I had an echo done about two years ago and everything was fine then. I don't know alot about Mitral Valve prolapse or what the prognosis is for someone who has it. I am a 25 year old mother of three and am now very concerned about my health. Please any input about the disorder would be really appreciated! also I had 2 wisdom teeth pulled almost two weeks ago and did not no that I need pre-meds. Is this dangerous? If so should syptoms of problems already be evident since it has been almost two weeks? I am driving myself nuts! HELP!! Also I have noticed a funny feeling when my heart pumps, the only way I can describe it is like when you are down to the bottom of a glass when drinking through a straw, that kind of bubbly feeling only it seems to be going through my veins. It is worse when I lay on my left side and there is a definite clicking when my heart is beating. I also am having numbness in my left arm and the side of my face. Hsa anyone else out there been through this?

Last edited by jess25; 05-24-2005 at 11:18 PM.

Old 05-24-2005, 03:17 PM   #2
(female)

aeq777 HB User
Re: newly diagnosed MVR and Scared !!!

Hi Jesse,

I to have been just diagnosed with MVP. I go for my echo tomorrow to see how bad it is. I'm scared too but from everything I have read it's not bad and we can live a normal life with it.
Did they put you on any medicine? I do suffer from anxiety due to the MVP symptoms, which I hate but I'm dealing with. All your symptoms are very normal with MVP. They put a lot of us on beta blockers to help with them but I couldn't take it.
I'm not sure about the dental work and the pre-meds, I would ask the doctor. I was told I have to have antibotics before a cleaning. I would think you would have been sick by now if there was an infection.
Do some research on MVP, there's a lot out there and the more I learn the less afraid I am. And this board is very helpful with a lot of great people. They are sure to help you.

Good luck to you and God bless!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2005, 05:55 PM   #3
(female)

jess25 HB User
Re: newly diagnosed MVR and Scared !!!

aeq,

I am not on any meds right now. I can't take take the beta blockers because sometimes my heart rate drops to low. I have suffered anxiety also and at times felt like I was going to lose my mind entirely! The only comfort from my diagnosis is knowing that at least my anxiety could have a contributing factor and it is not all(in my head). I hope you get good news tomorrow and thank you very much for your reply. I will read up on it and try to calm some of my fears.

Thank you for taking the time to try to help!

Closed Thread