It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2005, 09:29 AM   #1
(female)

gena33 HB User
Question atrial fibrillation/general anesthesia?

I was wondering if any of you have had (or still have) atrial fibrillation and also had general anesthesia?

My heart went into atrial fibrillation about 3 years ago after I got up too fast in the middle of the night and passed out.When I woke up I was fine and then a few minutes later my heart started beating funny.I went to the ER and they diagnosed A fib.While in the ER my heart converted back to normal and I haven't had a-fib since.However I still experience the occasional PAC's and PVC's.

I would like to undergo cosmetic surgery (BR reduction) and am afraid that while I am under general anesthesia my heart will go back to A-fib.

I would love to hear from anyone who has/had atrial fib and also had general anesthesia.
For those of you who had atrial fibrillation previously did being under GA make it come back?
For those of you who have atrial fib and went under GA did it make the atrial fib worse or did you have other complications?

Thank you so much in advance,
Gena

Old 06-08-2005, 09:35 AM   #2
(female)

gena33 HB User
Re: atrial fibrillation/general anesthesia?

bump

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2005, 10:51 AM   #3
(female)

pamka HB User

Iam wondering along the same lines Gena. I have ventricular tachycardia and a defribullator and was wondering what would happen if I needed general anesthesia

Old 06-17-2005, 01:05 PM   #4
(female)

Caroliz HB User

I had General Anesthesia for a Heart Cath one day after having a severe attack of A-Fib (190BPM) The A-fib was arrested via Corvert but I was kept on an IV of Heparin before the Cath. They called in a Cardiovascular Anesthesiologist for this...Not just a regular Anesthesiolgist but one that specializes in Heart patients. This doctor was great. I never suffered any ill side effects from the Anesthesia. Good Luck

Closed Thread