It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2005, 07:22 AM   #1
(female)

Ladybandit08 HB User
Scared...with a Question

Hi, I am 24 years old and 30 weeks pregnant with my first child. I have experienced heart palpitations before my pregnancy, went to the emergency room , and seen 2 docs, they said My heart is fine--Well since i got pregnant it seems to have gotten worse, my skipped beats are happening when i lay down, i didnt even get to sleep, as soon as i laid down they started and wouldnt stop until i sat up--they are even happening when i sneeze ( i have allergies) I had asked my OB about palpitations and he said they are normal during pregnancy?? But this bad? They are also causing me great anxiety and has been in the past, i take a 12 mgs of zoloft. Are they greater now because of my growing abdomen?? I am scared.
Thanks in advance for any advice or thoughts.

Old 06-02-2005, 08:58 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Live-Life-to-Love HB User
Re: Scared...with a Question

Maybe you should post your question in the PREGNANCY board also to see if there is anyone else that is pregnant who feels like you do too.

God bless!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2005, 09:10 PM   #3
(female)

Ladybandit08 HB User

ok -----

thanks, i was just wondering since this is a heart question, as i had these before i was pregnant too. im just curious as to the laying down and the palpitations occuring, switching positions makes it better...maybe anyone else? thanks a ton !!

Old 06-03-2005, 10:26 PM   #4
(female)

pregowith#6 HB User

Hi,

I am no longer pregnant with my 6th as my user name implies.
I had my son 16 months ago. I never noticed my palpatation (PVC's) until I became pregnant with him. To answer your question they are very normal for alot of pregnant women. I did extensive research to quite my own fears. They are worse when you lay down because your heart moves closer to your chest wall. I know this is easier said than done but, try not to worry. Take it from me I've been their done that and it makes them worse. They will settle back down after pregnancy but, it can take months. If I had to do over again I would not have given them a second thought and would have spent more time enjoying my pregnancy. I hope this helps.

Old 06-05-2005, 04:49 PM   #5
(female)

heartcreature HB User

I had palpatations when I was pregnant. It was very scary at the time, but my doctor reassured me that I was fine. I continued to have palpatations after the pregnancy. Cut down on caffeine and you may see some improvement. I also think it has something to do with estrogen levels because as I'm getting older I'm having them less and less often.

Old 06-13-2005, 01:07 AM   #6
(male)

parabellum HB User

caffeine or any other stimulants can cause palpitation.
pregnacy can cause imbalance due to hormones and also abdominal pressure,
which will push against the heart (eating too much can cause palpitation also).

I heard grape is good for palp and heart in general.
lots of grape or 100% grape juice (can't hurt).

Last edited by parabellum; 06-13-2005 at 01:09 AM.

Closed Thread