HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Heart Disorders (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/heart-disorders/)
-   -   Palpatations (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/heart-disorders/291599-palpatations.html)

Marblehead 06-05-2005 09:09 PM

Palpatations

I have had 3 ekg's and all were normal. My dr. says Im fine but i get these palpatations that sometimes startle me. Anyone else?? Sometimes I just feel them and of course I dont like them, but they dont scare me like others that I sometimes get. I even wonder if they ARE actually my heart or maybe a muscle in my chest/neck area. I feel a thump like feeling and I get a strange sensation up into my throat sort of like my breath gets taken away. I am so scared all the time that I will die cause of this. I made another appt for next week because I want him to check me again and make sure this is nothing to worry about. I get anxiety really bad and I know they are worse when I am anxious but they happen out of the blue also. Could my heart stop from these? It is so scary that sometimes i just want to cry from being so scared. This just doesnt seem like it should be a normal occurance. I want them to stop. I am tired of always being afraid that I will drop dead everytime my heart wants to flip flop around. Im too young for this (atleast I think I am...Im 30). :yawn:

Shawn98 06-05-2005 09:57 PM

Re: Palpatations

I just posted a message with the same thing. I get that weird feeling in my neck, more the next then the chest for me. and i have actually taken my pulse during these and i can feel my pulse skip when this happens. when i get insurance i too will make an apt. i am about 26 so im not far from your age. i have MVP though. and i do have very bad anxiety.

Marblehead 06-06-2005 08:00 AM

I just finished blow drying my hair and during the whole time I was getting little palpatation. I swear I was getting so frusterated. I dont know. I am getting them now as I type. I went a few years with none at all and now they are back. Could I be bringing them on myself?

Jitterygal 06-06-2005 01:59 PM

Have you had an echocardiogram? That will detect abnormalities in the heart. More than likely you are just experiencing anxiety. I have a mitral valve prolapse (heart murmur) and once in a while my heart will skip (it feels like a flutter) and then it will reset its rhythm with a strong beat. I don't worry about it anymore, I just go for my checkups to be sure nothing has changed. The echo might put your mind at ease--it did mine. Take care.
Jitterygal ;)

Shawn98 06-06-2005 03:13 PM

Marble, she is right. You know i have noticed that the worse my anxiety is, the more skipped beats i feel. sometimes i feel like they are about to come but they dont, i think it is all in the mind. if we did have problems with our hearts dont we would be out of breath, swollen ankles, chest pains, very fast heart rates. i think we are fine. However though hearing this from a doctor is a better idea, makes you feel way better. how often do you feel these anyways? and when u do do u have alot?

Marblehead 06-07-2005 04:43 PM

[QUOTE=Jitterygal]Have you had an echocardiogram? That will detect abnormalities in the heart. More than likely you are just experiencing anxiety. I have a mitral valve prolapse (heart murmur) and once in a while my heart will skip (it feels like a flutter) and then it will reset its rhythm with a strong beat. I don't worry about it anymore, I just go for my checkups to be sure nothing has changed. The echo might put your mind at ease--it did mine. Take care.
Jitterygal ;)[/QUOTE]
Hi. No, I have never had an echocardiogram, just the EKG's. I go for an appt this coming Monday so I will ask for one. How is it done? I dont have insurance so I have to pay for all my tests. I havent had any palpatations yet today but Im sure after just thinking about it, they will start right up. :eek: