It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2005, 12:20 PM   #1
(female)

Mazzzee HB User
Smile Anyone Recommend Rf Ablation For Svt?

ANYONE RECOMMEND RF ABLATION FOR SVT? Hi

I was diagnosed with SVT 22 years ago. It started when I was pregnant and came out of the blue with a big thud in my chest and my heart went into a very rapid beat. It lasted for 5 to 10 minutes and then a thud happened again and it went back to normal. It didn't happen again until about four and a half years later. I was carted off to hospital but by the time I got there it stopped. It worsened gradually over the years and since 1996 (the worse attack ever as I was hospitalised and injected with Adenosine (which didn't have any effect and was terrifying!) I have been taking Sotalol Beta Blockers which have controlled the condition, though there have been occasions when I have had ectopics and occasional fast heart rate. I HATE taking tablets and have been offered RF ablation. I have recently started horseriding and have noticed that my heart is taking a long time to go back to normal rhythm after (this always used to happen when I took physical exercise). My doctor says I shouldn't be horseriding but should consider the operation as it will cure me for good and mean I won't have to take tablets any more. I just don't know what to do. I am very scared of the op. Can anyone offer advice and let me know their own experiences of SVT? Be very grateful!

Last edited by Mazzzee; 06-17-2005 at 12:55 PM.

Closed Thread