It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2005, 11:50 AM   #1
(female)

househuntress HB User
Question heart? digestive? menopause?

Hello All,
I'm having symptoms and I don't really know if they are menopause or something else. Please point me to the right board.
I'm 53, have fibroids that are getting larger but the gny wants to wait until I start into menopause thinking they might shrink.
About 2 months ago, I started feeling soooo tired, almost dragging. I get out of breath but it feels like it's from my stomach? I'm nauseated in the morning some and my stomach feels bloated and tight. I can feel my stomach full under my sternum and that feels like it has something to do with my shortness of breath. I have started feeling anxious about all of this and have felt tearful but have pulled it back together before any waterworks. I'm trying hard to keep all of this under control, but I don't want to miss danger symptoms.
If I had night sweats or something that I KNEW was menopause I would at least KNOW not to worry so much.
I also have started having muscle aching in my legs and hips, plus low back pain.
BUT..it's the severe tiredness and shortness of breath that freaks me out.
I do have HBP that's under control and have had a stress with thalium test in the last two years that were normal.
Help please.

Old 06-27-2005, 05:50 PM   #2
(female)

venezia HB User
Re: heart? digestive? menopause?

househuntress,
Have you heart checked out for peace of mind if you want to make sure it's nothing serious but also go to the menopause board and you will see lists of symptoms for perimenopause and menopause. After reading the symptoms and some of the posts I've come to the conclusion that a lot of the weird aches, pains, fatigue, flutters are all symptoms of perimenopause. I'm 52 and have had heart flutters and feelings similar to yours (hard to take a deep breath, feelings of shortness of breath (not real bad though, but just kind of uncomfortable). I haven't really had hot flashes but can identify with a lot of the other symptoms mentioned on the menopause board. It helps to know that other women have experienced the same thing and that you're not just crazy! I went through a period where I was really tired - my hemoglobin count was low so the dr. told me to take iron. (I had been having heavy periods which I think was the cause.) So hope this helps you a little.
venezia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2005, 05:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: heart? digestive? menopause?

I have more faith in the stress-thallium scan than Willdo, so my diagnose would rule out angina. Anyway, the only next step in angina testing is angiography and I think it's too risky given a negative thallium test two years ago. Perhaps a re-stress-test might be something to consider?

What I'd do first is a gastric endoscopy if you have decent insurance coverage, or a home trial with some Prilosec.
If you can arrange it an eventual test of your bone mass might be useful in getting to the root to the thigh, leg, back pain. I imagine that COULD be pressure form the fibroids if they are big enough.

Lay all these symptoms at the feet of your GP and get a good workup...include liver, thyroid, hormone level, even CBC: as much as your insurance will bear!

Last edited by Lenin; 06-28-2005 at 05:21 AM.

Closed Thread