It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 10:04 PM   #1
(female)

jess25 HB User
Question Please help

Ok I am a 26 yr old female with some very disturbing symptoms. I have already had an EKG, blood work and Stress echo, all of these were done about 8 mths. ago. The dr. gave me an all clear and said that everything was fine. Recently (about 3 days ago) I started having pain in the left side of my back that goes all the way down my left arm.Sometimes it hurts in my neck and activity really doesn't seem to effect the pain. I have also noticed some numbness and tingling in my left arm at times.I just wondered if anybody else has experianced this and if it was heart related or maybe muscle pain.I am afraid to go back to the hospital because I don't want them to think I am a hypocondriac or anything. Any answers at all would be helpful!
Thanks in advance!

Old 06-28-2005, 04:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Question Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess25
Ok I am a 26 yr old female with some very disturbing symptoms. I have already had an EKG, blood work and Stress echo, all of these were done about 8 mths. ago. The dr. gave me an all clear and said that everything was fine. Recently (about 3 days ago) I started having pain in the left side of my back that goes all the way down my left arm.Sometimes it hurts in my neck and activity really doesn't seem to effect the pain. I have also noticed some numbness and tingling in my left arm at times.I just wondered if anybody else has experianced this and if it was heart related or maybe muscle pain.I am afraid to go back to the hospital because I don't want them to think I am a hypocondriac or anything. Any answers at all would be helpful!
Thanks in advance!
It could be nerve pain. If, for some reason, a nerve is pinched in your neck, ear region, or in your upper spine, it could cause pain and/or numbness and tingling down an arm.

Have you been involved in a car accident recently? Have you been on rides in an amusement park? Have you had any surgery recently? Are you involved in sports? Did you lift something very heavy recently?

Just looking for something that could have whip-sawed or traumatized your body.

It is also possible for nerves to be pinched by a calcium buildup, related to osteoarthritis. Does arthritis run in your family?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2005, 05:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

I agree with beerzoids,

It sounds like a nerve pinch in your spine, either cervical or upper lumbar. A little traction if you can arrange it will often work wonders (easier if you belong to a gym.)

If you have a computer monitor that is off to one side, re-arrange your desk and put the monitor on the OTHER side. That often brings relief in a couple days.

If you ever DO go back in for a heart check make sure the test that's done is a STRESS TEST WITH NUCLEAR MARKERS to check for angina. The tests you had, more often than not, will miss angina.

Old 06-29-2005, 12:51 PM   #4
(female)

jess25 HB User

Willdo,
you sound exactly like my Dr. I have had test to rule out a congenital defect, the stress echo showed no heart abnormalities.It also showed good blood flow and normal movement during exercise, which they tell me shows that there are no significant blockages in any of my arteries. I did however go to the dr. reluctantly while I was having all these symptoms and they did an EKG and he said that everything looked good. So with all my other test, stress echos, EKG's blood work, that he was almost 100% positive that it is not my heart. So my diagnosis is a wonderful case of anxiety! Which kinda makes me feel REALLY stupid, but in another way makes me feel good. I have a very strong family history of heart disease! Father, brother and two sisters so I do worry to much about it! Thanks for the input and now if anyone knows anything about anxiety I would appreciate it!!!!!

Old 06-29-2005, 01:18 PM   #5
Inactive

jpos HB User

I had pain like that and went to the hospital because it was off the scale. My EKG happened to be abnormal (they had my normal on file) and so I was admitted to the telemetry unit. After 3 days of testing my heart in the hospital we found out it was C-spine problems. That could very well be your problem, I wouldn't chalk it up to anxiety. Why not ask your dr to get some xrays or an MRI done? If there is damage then they can do an EMG, also. Good luck!

Closed Thread