It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2005, 05:03 AM   #1
(female)

LovelyOne HB User
Heart problem? Caused by diabetes? High BP? High Cholestrol? Question please help

Not sure what is causing this should start off by saying I have had complete numbness in my right foot with discoloration, and change in the texture of my skin. Then just last night I had the worst pain of my life right behind my knee. I went to the ER, they did a ultrasound of my leg, nada. So they shrug it off as just leg pain, and the numbness the doc said was normal and was probably due to the fact that I smoke, have diabetes, and am overweight. So then tonight I have had bad pains in my left arm, top of my left shoulder radiating down to the bend of my elbow on the inside of my arm. I have also had pain in my upper back and pressure on my chest. I also feel as if I am going to pass out (just very faint and tired) My blood sugar is normal now (112) I quit taking my BP meds because of the palpitations it they were giving me. I have no medical insurance and seems as if the ER docs really can't do anything. Also this pain in my arm has been happening for quite sometime, the pressure usually comes and goes thought, but the pain is there in my arm/shoulder/back constantly. So my question is what could be causing this pressure in my chest, the pain in my arm and back? Could it have anything to do with the numbness/discoloration in my right foot?

A bit of history:

Type 2 diabetic for over 2 years (food and exercise controlled)
Significantly Overweight
Smoker for about 8 years (1 pack a day)
High blood pressure (uncontrolled now)
I have had high cholesterol last time I had a doc and he checked
Lead a sedetary Lifestyle
Family History of arteriosclerosis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread