It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 08:31 AM   #1
(female)

yorkilvr HB User
Chest Pain continues

Hi all,

I had a heart attack 12/03, immediate cath and circumflex stent at that time. Since then, I have had 5 stents and 7 caths. Had a cath 4/04, no stent at that time. Chest pain never stopped, had another cath 7/04, 90% blockage in lad and another in the circumflex. Still had chest pain, another cath done 9/04, another restenosis. The blockages seem to be above the previous stents. Still had discomfort, another cath done in 10/04, doc said arteries were cleaner than they had ever been. April 05, woke up in the middle of the night with severe chest pain. Was in the cath lab, with 2 very complex blockages. 99% lad and a diagonal branch as well. Procedure took over 4 hours, and doc put 2 stents side by side.

Chest pressure was terrible after the procedure, so doc ordered a cardiolyte stress test, this came back totally normal. My concern with that is the last time I had the test, It showed no blockages, but we already were aware of 2, but they did not show on that test.
I went to Vegas in May, flew, ended up with a blood clot, so now I am on coumadin.
I am still having chest pain, a few twinges every hour. Sometimes the pain will take my breath for just a second or two. I just feel terrible, so worn out I can barely make it thru the day. Doc has decreased my b/p meds, because it was so low 90/40. Thought this might be the problem, but I am still having the pain. Now the doc seems to be blowing me off, like I am making this up. I have never been a whiner, and he knows this well. Doc says this is not cardiac pain, because the stress test looked so good. I just dont know what to do. I can't change docs due to my insurance, he is in the only practice covered.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks for listening

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2005, 08:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User
Re: Chest Pain continues

Don't you find it odd that you've had so many catherizations and stents put into place? This just doesn't sound right to me. After having seven stents put in, your arteries were STILL 90% blocked? Medication hasn't helped it? You're still having angina? Wouldn't this be concerning your cardiologist? Somebody like you who has 90% blockage would not be feeling chest pain from mere stress. It does seem as if he's blowing you off... Good luck, feel better, and God bless!
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Old 07-08-2005, 08:24 AM   #3
(female)

yorkilvr HB User

This is actually making me crazy, no wonder I have a little stress going on. LOL I saw my neurologist yesterday. I am seeing him because of a femoral nerve injury, due to a pseudoaneurysm after my cath last october. I have a very severe compression injury. totally numb from my knee down, so this adds to the problems doing another cath. He started me on another med, thinking that since my body has been thru such trauma, that another med would help. I may be a walking zombie for awhile, but I will soon know if this is going to help the problem. I did tell the Neuro that my cardiologist was blowing me off. I am certain he will call him today and tell him what I said. That is exactly why I did that, This neuro is awesome, brand new doc and so smart. I am really lucky to have him, he never blows me off. I appreciate your thoughts on this, sure seems weird to me too. I have seen the pictures of all the blockages, so I know they were there. But why they keep closing up is beyond me. I just wanted to know if I was imaging that this doc is just ignoring me.
Thanks for your input

Old 08-06-2005, 07:20 PM   #4
(female)

mysticwmn HB User

I have blockage very bad and they were going to put stents in but found it to blocked and want to do by passes . I have found chelation. /The best thing ever. no doctors want to tell you about it because it will put them out of business. If will clean out the arteries with edta. Only so many doctors do this in the us but you can find them on the web. Look up chelation and see the way without surgerys. do it with a doctor is the best way. They do have pills but not sure on them. Also do some very good vitamins. I use ***** vitamins.

Last edited by mysticwmn; 08-06-2005 at 07:24 PM.

Old 08-07-2005, 03:15 PM   #5
(female)

trekgirl HB User

There is a condition, i have no name of it, but it can be a muscle condition causing the chest pains. If you do not get any answers from the present cardio, get a new one. You need a doctor that will work with you, not against you. You need to know what is going on, you have the right to get answers. Good luck and bless you.

trekgirl

Old 08-07-2005, 05:22 PM   #6
(female)

Kathy C HB User

I think the muscle condition you are talking about is TBCWP Transient Begning Chest Wall Pain. I have that and i mimics chest pain. I get very sever sharp stabbing chest pains like a heart attack or a very dull constant pain or pressuser. It is a condition that you have to learn to live with. THere are days I am in tears the pain is so bad but nothing can be done about it. I have very serious heart problems and have had 7 heart surgeries. I have had TBCWP since I was 18 figured out what it was when I was 24 and now am 34. I will have it for the rest of my life and I have preatty much now learned to deal with it. It doesn't seem as bad most days but when I get stressed out I suffer often.

Kathy

Closed Thread