It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2005, 01:20 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
Exclamation UPDATE to my original Post!!! PLEASE READ! IS LONG SORRY!!!

Well I have an UPDATE for my original post, The night I wrote my original post about the chest pain and such I was having I had another Panic/Anxiety attack....then I ended up going to ER lastnight, not only for the chest pain I have been experiencing, Which I think is due to my Anxiety/Panic Disorder.....I am on medications for back pain, chronic radiculopathy... and nerve damage in my legs do to a previous serious nerve compression in my lower back.... I have been on 20 mg Methadone 3 times a day...1 Zoloft Daily....1 Adderall Daily...and 1 Zanaflex at bedtime, for close to a year now...normaly when I take my meds at night because of the Combo of the Methadone and Zanaflex, I experience sedation... meaning it makes me quite sleepy, and I basically act like someone that is a bit drunk... I go to bed, and I sleep nearly all night....It usually take about 1 hr or so after I take my nightly dose for the sedation to kick in, then I am ready to turn in for the night.... Well, lastnight, I took my meds like I would always do, about 5 MINUTES afterwards, I was SO SO sedated, confused, SEVERLY slurred speech, I could not walk straight, I kept staggering and about falling down....eyes were very glazed over, I was extremely pale, my heart was racing, I was not in a good way.... So my girlfriend told me to go lay down and go to sleep and I would feel better, well I laid down, and started to fall asleep, hadn't been asleep 2 minutes and I was wakened by a feeling like someone was grabbing me, and my skin was literally jumping, and I could not get my breath... so I got up and told my girlfriend what happened, she said do you want to go to ER, I said yes, then I felt better, so I told her NO... well I laid back down again, and fell asleep again, BAM! same thing again, and this time I told her my mouth felt so dry, and my tongue felt thick, I tried to take a drink of water but I gasped for air and about choked. So I told my girlfriend, We need to go to the ER....by this time I was feeling somewhat better..... Went to the ER they took my blood pressure...117/64...Temperature was normal (but I was extremely Cold) then they took me to a exam room, and the Doctor came in, and ask alot of questions, and this and that about my meds, and my symptoms etc. etc... I told him about my chest pains, and also my Panic/Anxiety Attacks...so he said he wanted to do some tests......... They did ....... Chest XRays......EKG....CAT SCAN (of my head to rule out anything in my head causing this) They drew blood to do a complete blood workup.... so the Doctor came in and said EVERYTHING was NORMAL! he said at best he could figure out was that I have been taking these meds for such a long time that my body has basically had all of these meds it can take and this was its way of saying THATS IT! and he also said that could have been why I was having the chest pains as well....So my Pain Management doctor is weaning me off the Methadone, the Zoloft is ok, Zanaflex is ok.... Stop the adderall...she also started me on Elavil to help my weaning off the Methadone, helps to keep me from having the shakes, and having a hard withdrawl.... and she said it also will relax me....I was glad to find out that all my tests were NORMAL... and now since my EKG was normal, and blood workup was normal, I know it was not my heart, the doctor also told me it was not my heart..... Thats a relief..... but I can tell you, I thought panic attacks were scary.... This was the most scared I have ever been... Never want to experience anything like it again....OH BY THE WAY! I haven't had ANY of the Chest, Back, and Arm pains all day....

Sorry So Long.... Yall take care,

TRose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread