It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2005, 04:21 AM   #1
(male)

DarkChange HB User
Scared...did my heart just beat fast for a second...?

I was trying to feel my pulse for a second and then I felt 3 sudden fast beats and then it went back to normal...I dont think it couldve been my imagination since it felt real but is it bad if this happens?

Also I notice that If i breathe in deeply my heart accelerates quickly and slows down the moment I exhale, is that normal too? Just curious since im still trying to learn some things about the heart.

Old 07-10-2005, 10:16 AM   #2
(female)

trekgirl HB User
Re: Scared...did my heart just beat fast for a second...?

You need to relax, the heart beat reacted to what you were doing. And you alright. Just relax and not worry about problems till you do have such a situation. Taking the pulse should be done when you are calm and not distracted by anything or any one. You have to concetrate for it to done correctly. Just relax.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2005, 05:51 PM   #3
(male)

DarkChange HB User

okay, thanks. So it really can react to how im feeling at the moment? and when I feel it maybe my heart just went fast because I was doing it so quickly, right?

Old 07-10-2005, 06:06 PM   #4
(female)

Wintergarden HB User

I've had that exact same thing a few times - the 3 quick beats and then back to normal. I happened to catch it when taking my pulse (didn't even feel a palp). I mentioned it to my cardiologist and she acted like it was no big deal. I think it's just another type of ectopic beat, not necessarily anything ominous (I just passed my cardiac evaluation and I'm told everything is fine). If your heart checked out okay in the usual round of tests, I don't think you have a thing to worry about.

Also, it's completely normal for your heart to speed up slightly on inhalation and slow down on exhalation. I remember when I first noticed that, it freaked me out a little bit too

Old 07-11-2005, 02:23 PM   #5
Inactive

jpos HB User

Heart rate changing with your breathing is called sinus arrhythmia and it's normal. A cardio on a forum said that it is actually a good thing. You can do a search on "sinus arrhythmia" on this link and find what I have mentioned: http://www.*******.org/perl6/cardio/wwwboard.html Hmmm, ok, it isn't allowing the link, sorry. Do a search on cardio forums to find it is all I can think. Why wouldn't they allow a link for educational purposes?

Last edited by jpos; 07-11-2005 at 02:31 PM.

Old 07-11-2005, 09:50 PM   #6
(male)

DarkChange HB User

okie doke. thanks guys.

Old 07-12-2005, 05:21 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

It's part of life. Don't worry.

Closed Thread