It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2005, 11:39 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User
What could this pain be?

Hi all,
I have some concerns and I don't know if I've come to the right place or not. I am only 23 and for the past few months I have been getting pain in the left side of of chest (directly around and behind my left breast). The best I can describe it as is a mild sharp pain. It doesn't bother me all day but can tend to be quite frequent. Does anybody have any ideas or suggestion? I will be seeing my doctor but that's a few weeks away. Anything anyone can offer in the meantime would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Kristy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2005, 07:09 PM   #2
(female)

Aprilrain HB User
Re: What could this pain be?

I've had a pain like this. I had it for years (off and on). I went to the emergency room once when the pain lasted over an hour. The result of that was I had a cardiac catheterization to see if my arteries were clogged. I have a 30 % narrowing in one artery and the cardiologist put me on zocor for high cholesterol, but he said the pain was not from my heart, it wasn't bad enough for that. It was a relief to hear that, and I stopped having the pain soon after starting on zocor. But I still don't know what caused it. My left arm would get numb also. So it's probably not heart related.

Aprilrain

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread