It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2005, 11:19 PM   #1
(female)

lucky7 HB User
questions about dh's heart

My dh is 33 yrs old. He is 5'11" and weighs around 200lbs. He doesn't work out and his job consists of sitting down for the most part.

Just this past yr he has been complaining that his heart will start racing when he gets ready for bed or sits down to relax. It doesn't happen all of the time. So far it has happend about 4 times this yr.

I also notice that when he goes outside to do yard work he comes back in completely out of breath and basically suffers from heat exhuastion.

His cholesteral was kind of high the last ime he had it checked. Not too sure about his blood pressue but I am sure it has to be up there as well.

He is not a big dr fan and I am just concerned if this is something serious that I should just suck it up and nag him to get to the dr's office. He has a short temper (Irish/Polish blood) and is high strung.

Old 07-14-2005, 04:41 AM   #2
(male)

Brian. HB User
Re: questions about dh's heart

Lucky7,
I hope his racing heart is not accompanied by dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, chest pain or heaviness or throwing up..

Is he a smoker? typical smoker's gasp can fit to these symptoms

Just racing heart at rest or breathlessness during ehart exposure s should not be a sign of heart disease, but ischemic symptoms can be very tricky or atypical at times. It is better to get him checked thoroughly by a General Pracitioner first to rule out:
any ECG abnormalities, High BP, anemia etc. I hope he comes back from the tests smiling broad.. Best of luck!

Last edited by Brian.; 07-14-2005 at 04:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2005, 10:51 AM   #3
(female)

lucky7 HB User

He doesn't smoke but he does drink. However he is in bars a lot. He is an undercover officer so this is all part of his job.
He hasn't complained of chest pain or throwing up. His father died of heart problems due to being a heavy drinking and smoking. His mom is a heavy drinker and smoker as well. He grew up around smoke all of his life.
I guess I just have to drag his butt into that office.

Old 07-14-2005, 04:11 PM   #4
(female)

trekgirl HB User

He will be most stubborn about any suggestion we make here. Mine is to go to a cardio and get tests done just to make sure everything is okay. Since he is overweight and not active, he does run the risk for a heartattack, stroke, and diabetes, amongst other problems. He needs to take a walk for 30 minutes a day, even if it was inside on a treadmill or around the block or neighborhood. Good luck and he also needs to change his diet. Hugs for today.

trekgirl

Closed Thread