It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2005, 07:23 PM   #1
(female)

coffeetime HB User
Chest tightness

Hi everyone,

I am a 31 y.o. female. I have been experiencing chest tightness for the past couple of weeks, usually at night. At first it was just for a brief period of time (a few minutes here and there), but it has gradually been getting longer each day. I have felt the chest tightness tonight (on the left side) for about an hour or so.

My blood pressure has always been on the low side. A year ago my cholestoral tested at 60/119 (total 196).

The past 2 days I have been extremely fatigued.

Could this be a serious problem? I should call the doctor on Monday, but worry about getting laughed at since I am so young.

Old 07-16-2005, 06:06 AM   #2
(male)

DarkChange HB User
Re: Chest tightness

Hey!

Im 17 and I also have the chest tightness EVERY day! Lately though its gone away but sometimes it comes back but I usually have it everyday. My doctor says its GERD related but I dont think so at all because how on earth can acid reflux and so on also give you shortness of breath? thats what I have sometimes when I have the tightness...what about you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2005, 07:34 AM   #3
(female)

sherbear24 HB User

Let me just say the age thing is crap!! I am 33 years old and for the past 4 months I have been complaining of heart palpitations and racing heart for no apparent reason. I can be just sitting enjoying my favorite tv show and my heart starts to race. My doctor said to me your too young for it to be a heart problem, it's just anxiety. I went back to my doctor because the med for anxiey was not working and she finally did an EKG and it showed abnormal results. Then she ordered a 24 hour holter which I am now waiting for the results. So, please don't be worried about being laughed at because some doctors believe that your too young to have a heart problem. Please seek medical attention to rule out anything serious. Best of luck to you!!

Old 07-16-2005, 09:46 AM   #4
(male)

DarkChange HB User

By me they found out that I had sinus tachycardia which I still dont know anything about...sure, its just my heart beating too fast at times (8 beats only the doc said) but is it bad or not? He never told me anything else so I dont know where to go.

Closed Thread