It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2005, 12:57 PM   #1

SandyJR HB User
Lump feeling in throat...

Lately i get a feeling of a lump in my throat. I can feel my heart beating in my chest anytime i am not busy and paying more attention to my body. I get tingling in both my feet/toes at times too. I do not get shortness of breath and am able to work out on the treadmill for an hour with no problem. Can any of these symptoms be heart related? Also at times i feel dizzy lying down at night and when i wake up but it dissipates as the day goes on.

Old 07-20-2005, 03:31 PM   #2
(female)

Wintergarden HB User
Re: Lump feeling in throat...

Hi Sandy,

A lump in the throat feeling (or "globus sensation" in medical parlance) is usually caused by anxiety or acid reflux. Do you tend to have a lot of heartburn? Some people do feel heart palpitations in their throat, but that doesn't sound like what's happening to you.

Your symptoms don't sound heart related to me - especially since you're able to exercise without trouble (that's a really good sign). Of course, I'm just a layperson and it's always a good idea to run this by your doctor.

The dizziness and tingling sounds like a nerve issue, but again, I'm no expert. ( I can make myself dizzy by lying down and turning my head to the left) Are you saying you feel dizzy right after you lie down, and right after you stand up from a lying position? Because that would probably be postural hypotension - a transient drop in blood pressure when changing positions - happens to me too and it will make you dizzy for a moment or two.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2005, 01:54 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Laura B HB User
Re: Lump feeling in throat...

Sandy, when you feel your heart beating and that lump in the throat, take your pulse and see what is going on. Is your heart racing or irregular? I get episodes of racing and irregular heart. I know the second an episode starts because that feeling in the chest and a lump in the throat feeling, like someone is pressing a finger against my throat. That is how I found out about my palpitations by taking my pulse.

Closed Thread