It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2005, 05:07 AM   #1
(female)

lindalee15 HB User
Is it my heart?

Hi,
I have been feeling bad for almost a year now. I have been complaining of shortness of breath, chest pain and severe fatigue. My primary care Dr. did every test imaginable and found nothing. I saw an allergist and I do have allergies and did 2 different tests for asthma and said that was negative. Then saw a gastro Dr. and already knew I had a hiatial hernia but then a stomach ulcer and polyps were found. Then told to see a pulmolnologist for the shortness of breath and come to find out I do have asthma. The meds helped for the first few weeks and then stopped working. I was taking Advair and it started to make the chest pain worse. My primary care Dr. did an EKG in his office and said that was fine. Now wants me to see a cardiologist for more testing. My primary symptoms are the shortness of breath, chest pain and fatigue along with a funny dizzy like feeling in my head. I also get a pain, sometimes sharp or dull under my left breast. Sometimees when I bend over my chest will hurt. Often when I lay down I can feel an irregular type of heart beat. This morning it feels as though 3 of the fingers on my left hand are numb, I thought they were just "asleep" but I have been up for 2 hours and that feeling is still there. Many times during the day I feel so exhausted I have to lay down. I feel fine until I get up again and it starts all over. I don't see the cardiologist until the 4th of August. My Mother has heart disease and has had a couple of heart attacks and my Grandmother has had a stroke.
I am 40 years old and have been in good health. Does any of this sound heart related? I know no one here is a Dr. and I am not looking for a diagnosis, just looking for other people with same type of problems and some suggestions.
Thanks for reading.

Last edited by lindalee15; 07-22-2005 at 05:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2005, 06:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Is it my heart?

What you need now is for a cardiologist to determine via stress test and nuclear imaging whether your heart is getting enough nourishment or whether something is interfering with that process (angina.) If you fail that test, then an angiogram will probably be performed to ascertain (and often fix) any blockages via catheter!

Angina, caused by partially blocked coronary blood vessels almost always gets worse (pain, chest discomfort, shortness of breath) with exercise, like a 5 minute run and then rapidly gets better with a rest period of 5 or ten minutes!
Is that your pattern?

Usually angina is not affected by a deep breath or a movement in any particular direction...those point to a chest wall injury, either muscle tendon or nerve!
Stomach related problems will often go away with Zantac or Prilosec so those drugs can be of some use in self-diagnosisng GERD or persistent heartburn.

Closed Thread