It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2005, 10:22 PM   #1
(male)

Bharat2005 HB User
Angry Symptoms of Restenosis???

One and a half months passed event free after I had one stent placed in my LAD. I was feeling wonderful- mainly becuase I could breathe a lot easier combination effect of easy pumping after breaking open the block and stopping of smoking according to my cardiologist.

Today I woke up with the same dull feeling I had prior to angioplasty. Need to breathe harder and faster. I am so scared that my stents may be closing. Anyone has any clue what is going on? Help!!

Im on plavix, aspirin, statins and ezetrol. had minor ringing in the ear and upset stomach, but never had any serious probs with medication so far..

Last edited by Bharat2005; 07-25-2005 at 10:24 PM.

Old 07-26-2005, 05:09 AM   #2
(female)

ladychecotah HB User
Re: Symptoms of Restenosis???

I have a total of 8 stents. The six in my right artery went this way, Oct 98, Mar 99, angioplasty only in May 99, Aug 99 and then bypass surgery in Dec 99. From that you can tell that stents can close pretty fast. I was never on Plavix when this took place. After my bypass failed, I found that I had a blockage in the LAD (Left artery) and have two stents there. It has now been two years and hopefully they are still open. I have angina almost every day because of the 100% closed right artery. Have someone who hasn't seen you for a few days honestly evaluate your color. Are you pale, grayish. When I went in with the 95% closed Left artery and the closed right artery, the Dr knew immediately that I was in big trouble because I was so gray. After the stents which opened the left artery, several people told me how I had looked grayish and now my color was so good. I told them if it happened again to please let me know. Looking at myself in the mirror everyday I just couldn't see the change. Please go back to your cardiologist and if he doesn't take you seriously, find another. When I went to my old cardio and told him I thought my bypass had failed, he said all I needed was Viox for chest wall pain. Well you know the current history of Viox being taken off the market. I shopped for a new cardio and found the one I have now. He takes me seriously when I say something is wrong and has promised he won't give up on me just because I can't be a "success" story. I wish you the best. By the way I do not have any of the new coated stents. What about you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2005, 05:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Bharat,
It COULD be a case of hypervigilence. I know I was VERY overconsious of everything going on mid chest for months after the stent (I have one.)
The old saw is that if a stent restenoses, the symptoms are identical to the pre-stent feeling.

Any news since yesterday?
Did you try any exercise?

If it happened to me QUICKLY I would seek a "clot-buster"...if slowly, I would look into a doctor well versed in atherectomy!
Maybe 650 mg. aspirin is a good idea for a couple days. Or even heparin?

Last edited by Lenin; 07-26-2005 at 05:55 AM.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:17 PM   #4
(male)

Bharat2005 HB User

I did not turn grey, but I sure look tired and worried, lady checotah

I HOPE it is a case of hypervigilance... what I have now roughly resembles what I had during pre-stent days, still I pray I am faking it due to anxiety or something... I just dont have the courage to report back at hospital now.. Im just hanging on for a few days hopig these symptoms will somehow vanish.. I cant even think of a repeat angiography.. I would rather let things go the way God decides.

They told me these times of drug eluting stents, restenosis once you get past the 48 hour clotting risk is almost nil. I hope they are right

I excercised yesterday also and nothing extraordinary happened. But during my present days also jogging never triggered any angina.

Lenin, Im scared about atherectomy, I guess it can easily cause a vein rupture or a clot?

Closed Thread