It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2005, 01:09 PM   #1

tother HB User
Problems Breathing

Hi, ive actually posted a similar post in the Lung and Respitory board, but not sure if the boards are linked (sorry for the double post if this is the case).

Latly ive been feeling like its really hard to catch my breathe, like especailly after doing sort of activity that isnt just sitting. I smoked for rougly 4 - 6months, but have quit for almost 2 weeks now. I notice in my left arm it feels like it is colder sometimes when this happens. Also like I wouldnt say like extreme chest pain by any means, but like a slight discomfort while this is happening. The weird part is sometimes I can go without any symptoms for like a day or so at a time. I went to the hosptial, they did chest x-rays and a pulmonary blow test, both showing that I am just fine. The only medication I am currently on is zantak for heart burn.

I should note that I am a 20 male, not huge, but maybe 20lb's over weight. I wouldnt say im unactive, but i definatly could be doing more to keep active.

Ive been battling with this for a month or so now, but like ive seen a doctor at the ER and a doctor at the walk-in clinic, basically no one will do anything for me they say im fine. I just dont think thats true.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

Old 07-27-2005, 03:18 PM   #2
(male)

FrontierDriver2 HB User
Re: Problems Breathing

I feel your pain man. Im only 21 so every doctor just assumes nothing is wrong when I go in. I was overweight (about 30lbs) and smoked a little bit too. I had some chest pain but not with activity. I had all kinds of tests done and nothing was ever found. It's still in the back of my mind that something is still wrong. I felt like crap for a long period of time. I began exercising alot and lost weight and feel much much better. Now the only thing bothering me is a low heart rate which I never had before.

You should ask to have an exercise stress test done. That would be the best way to determine whether your pain on exertion is heart related and it would put your mind at ease. Your pain may not be heart related at all but you need to find out.

Last edited by FrontierDriver2; 07-27-2005 at 03:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2005, 03:46 PM   #3

tother HB User

Im not familiar with a exercise stress test, would that be something I could do on my own at a gym? or like a walk-in clinic?

Old 07-27-2005, 08:28 PM   #4
(male)

FrontierDriver2 HB User

Sometimes walk in clinics have them, but usually not. My regular doctor (not a cardiologist) has one in his office. It's just a treadmill and they hook up leads to your chest and they take a continuous EKG as you walk and look for certain signs of heart trouble. Your walk in clinic can refer to some place to get one done. Gyms dont have them.

Have you had your blood pressure checked to see if it's normal?

Last edited by FrontierDriver2; 07-27-2005 at 08:33 PM.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:39 AM   #5

tother HB User

According to the doctors on 3 separate occasions my blood pressure and heart rate is fine. Like I think to almost anyone with these symptoms they fear heart attack, will your pulse go up significantly before a heart attack or anything?

Closed Thread