It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2005, 11:08 AM   #1

tother HB User
Any ideas?

For the past month or so ive been experiencing like shortness of breathe especially when active, also like more so latly like a coldness in my left arm (not even necessarily when active at all, I think this could be because I dislocated my left sholder a few months back, but who knows). Also I just dont feel like im breathing as well as I was a few months back. This comes and goes as far as harsh attacks, but generally all the time i just cant breathe aswell anymore. Sometimes i have a bit of discomfort in the chest but generally very mild. Ive posted regarding this a few times, ive also seen like 4 doctors now. The only thing they have done is chest x-rays and a blow test (for asthma). Besides that I feel like im getting the shaft from the medical system. From the research ive been doing on my own this seems like heart disease (angina). From the small amount of tests they have done on me (chest x-rays, blow test and like just blood pressure) they say im totally fine, but like if the stuff im going through is normal than I dont want to be normal, but its like I cant get help from a doctor i dont know what else to say. I mean im only 20, ive smoked for maybe 6months, not ridiculously over weight maybe 20lbs, I eat healthy, im not overly active, but definatly not unactive either. no family history of anything like this. The doctors say it could be GERD, but like if anything my heartburn is getting better, not worse, but I dont know what to do, ive also never been offically diagnosed with GERD, like Zantak is doing more than a sufficent job getting rid of my heartburn. I dont know what else to say, I cant get any help from the doctors, but I feel like there is something seriously wrong, and dont know where to turn for help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2005, 01:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Any ideas?

tother,

Can you run a mile in 8 minutes without extreme chest discomfort?

Last edited by Lenin; 07-31-2005 at 01:01 PM.

Old 07-31-2005, 01:27 PM   #3

tother HB User

Im not sure, I suppose I could give it a try? Is this something I should do? If so what will the results be?

Old 07-31-2005, 08:35 PM   #4

tother HB User

Ok, I tried to jog the mile, I felt like the entire time I couldnt take a breathe in, so after like 30seconds I had to stop, I could feel my heart pounding to the point where it felt like I was going to have a heart attack, no pain just severe loss of breathe and a pounding heart. Even like 10mins later I felt winded (not near as bad) and I didnt even come close to a mile. I mean I wasnt wheezing or anything like that in my breathe, or even like humming for air, I just felt totally tired and out of it.

Last edited by tother; 07-31-2005 at 08:53 PM.

Closed Thread