It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2005, 12:56 AM   #1
(female)

Frantic HB User
Aware of my heart beat

I am almost always aware of my heart beat, as if I had been doing excercise but am actually at rest. My chest often feels tight and breathing is a little bit more effot than it should be. Also, I often feel nauseous after eating. I got told I had a mild heart murmur a few years ago, could it be related? Or what else could be wrong?

The following user gives a hug of support to Frantic:
djc4294 (02-17-2011)
Old 08-02-2005, 06:24 PM   #2
(female)

MrsPM HB User
Re: Aware of my heart beat

I used to have the same problem but I am now on medication for it. It is normal to feel your own heart beat at certain times, like when you're active, after eating sometimes, and when you breathe. Some people feel their heart rate going up while inhaling and decreasing while exhaling. But if you have palpitations most of the time, you might want to see a doctor just to rule out anything serious.
Palpitations can be caused by many things. It can range from anxiety to real heart problems. If you have chest tightness and trouble breathing it may also be anxiety related (anxiety can cause so many physical symptoms!) but again I would check with a professional. As for your heart murmur, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with palpitations. I know my sister had a murmur but eventually outgrew it.
Although feeling your heart beat can be scary and annoying, try to keep busy to get your mind off of it. I know sometimes this really works for me.
Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2005, 06:30 PM   #3

Excelsoir HB User
Re: Aware of my heart beat

An important factor to note is whether or not your heart beat feels regular, and if the RESTING heart rate (breats per minute) is much higher or lower than around 70 bpm. Also, does it vary much, with or without exercise.If your heart beat is irregular and significantly lower or higher than around 70 bpm (at rest, and not after strenuous exercise) you should see a doctor.This information will also help him/her to make a diagnosis. Anxiety can also cause a higher than usual heart rate, and also make you more conscious of it. However, anxiety will not make your heart beat irregular.I hope everything settles down for you soon. Otherwise, you should see a doctor. The term "heart murmer" is a very general term, and only your doctor would know what it means in your case.A lot of people have heart murmurs or abnormal heart sounds. It may or may not be of any particular significance. All the best.
Excelsior

The Following User Says Thank You to Excelsoir For This Useful Post:
djc4294 (02-17-2011)
Closed Thread