It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2005, 10:47 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
heart problem?????

Hi ...dont remember if i have posted here before or not lol ......
I have a long story,but I am just gonna post the basics.11 years ago I fainted with some seizure activity.Then I had some other symptoms saw diff doctors had test ran and was diagnosed with anxiety disorder.Ive had good days and bad days through the years sometimes I have went several years with no symptoms.Anyway I have since then fainted with this seizure activy 5 times(hasnt happened in 3 years now though).I have had blood work,ekg,cat scan,mri,holter monitor,eeg those are the tests in the last 11 years all normal.Anyway,recently I have been having a hard time sleeping because my heart will beat irregulary....example is I have a normal beat and then a slower shaky like beat? then normal again it continues this way and im not sure when it stops because I cannot sleep so I get out of bed and do something else.I have just never been able to accept this as being all anxiety/stress mainly because of the fainting episodes. let me mention too that after I come to I am sooooooo weak hubby has had to help me up to the bed,I can hardly speak because im short of breath,sweat from head to toe,shakey........anyway, of course I put the palps and irregular beats together with the fainting ive had and im concerned about a heart condition.

does this sound familar to anyone? any sugesstions? I just want to make sure I get the care I need to have if it is a heart thing

thanks for reading my ramble! Beth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2005, 07:45 PM   #2
(male)

spencer123 HB User
Re: heart problem?????

Fortunately, anxiety/stress sounds to be the problem in your case. Anxiety and stress puts an amazing load on your heart and cardiovascular system. When your nervous system picks up that you are worrying about something, stressed out, or other instances that demand more blood, it reflexingly sends signals to speed up the heart rate. The more you worry, the faster or more abnormal your heart can beat. Keep in mind Sinus Arrythmia which is completely normal. When you breathe in, your heart speeds up and when you exhale it slows down. As long as these palpitations and feelings of abnormal beats do not give you symptoms such as chest pain (angina) very short of breath, fatigue without any known cause, i wouldnt worry.

Old 08-08-2005, 04:59 AM   #3
(female)

Kathy C HB User

Ok I have rhythm problems so I understand what you are experiencing. Let me say that the next time you feel one of these episodes come on go to the local ER because this is not normal. Please don't EVER let anyone tell you this is anxiety/stress. It is a form of a rhythm problem that needs to be detected and treated. The other thing is don't let anyone tell you you are too young for rhythm problems I started at the age of 25 with them.

You will have to be persistant that something is wrong until they can actually see an episode and see what is happening. Pretty much all your symptoms sound like Atrial Flutter and or Atrial Fibrilation. There are somevery good web sites on both of those problems check them out to see what you think but definately be persistant and get things looked into.

Kathy

Old 08-08-2005, 01:46 PM   #4
(female)

gd_em HB User

hi, my grandad has got to have a triple heart bi-pass and i dont understand what it involves and what the after effects are. can someone please reply to reasure me

emma

Closed Thread