It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2005, 07:59 PM   #1

athiena35 HB User
swollen feet sometimes hands any ideas

My friend Heidi has had thie problem for some time her feet get swelled up and sometimes her hands. She's definitly overweight she smokes she drinks she's 39. And hasn't been to the doctor in a long time. She said that the other night she started feeling really sweaty and like she was going to throw up she said she thought maybe she was gonna have a heart attack. Any boby no what swollen feet are a symptom of.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2005, 11:19 PM   #2
(male)

johnp57 HB User
Re: swollen feet sometimes hands any ideas

Hi athiana
Your friend really needs to see a doctor quickly.I am 49 and had the same symptoms last year. I had swollen feet(oedema),difficulty breathing, excessive sweating, very tired and nauseas. I got to a doctor and was hospitalised with congestive heart failure.It is a very unpleasant condition, but the sooner you deal with it the better it is for your recovery.If god forbid she does have this condition her life will never be the same, so it is important to see someone soon.Good luck and I wish your friend well
John

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2005, 09:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User

The symptoms may be due to a weak heart. The heart is not pumping enough blood to meet the system's demand. The result is a backup of the supply of blood and this will cause swelling as noted. It could also be kidneys. Regardless it is a very serious condition requiring immediate medical attention.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:53 PM   #4

athiena35 HB User

But her symptoms are the swollen feet not really hard time breathing and the excessive sweating just in that one spell that i know of. So by it self is swollen feet is that serious by it self

Old 09-28-2005, 09:21 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by athiena35
But her symptoms are the swollen feet not really hard time breathing and the excessive sweating just in that one spell that i know of. So by it self is swollen feet is that serious by it self
There can be a heart problem without a breathing disorder. If there is a problem with the right side of the heart, the noncompliance will cause fluids to backup in body parts. If left side is weak (pumping) there will be a backup of fluids in the lungs and breathing problems. Right side noncompliance will eventually cause pumping weakness (heart failure and heart muscle damage) if not treated. Worst case scenario, and that is the reason to get medical attention.

Nuasea, excessive sweating, etc. is an episode and the symptoms may go away for awhile, but the underlying problem will still exist. The body system is compensating (attempt to give the heart relief) with symptoms indicated.

Closed Thread