It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2005, 07:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User
Menstrual cycles and arrhythmias, PVCS

I am curious to know how many of the women here experience an increase in heart related symptoms when they're PMSing? Do you have more PVCs, more episodes of tachycardia/your arrhythmia, before your period?

I certainly do. Almost all of my PVCs and SVTs take place in the two weeks before my period. My heart becomes racier/poundier and more "irritable."

Who else?

Old 10-06-2005, 07:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Re: Menstrual cycles and arrhythmias, PVCS

Yes!! Going thru it right now!! Almost all PVCs I get in a month happen within about the 5 days prior to my period. I am just starting to realize this. I can go a whole week with maybe one or two PVCs. But around my period...I will get one an hour if not more. I HATTTEEEE it. The tachy is controlled pretty much with the beta blocker, but unfortunatly it doesnt help much for the PVCs.

This is one of the reasons I so strongly believe that these problems are all linked to another major cause. Something in some of us that is ultra sensitive to any stimuli (be it pain, chemicals, hormones...). I think this is also why alot of ppl with SVT and PVCs also have things like migraines, anxiety, IBS, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue....I am wondering if there isnt something to this Dysautonomia (sp?). My doctor has never even heard the term. I bet one day they will find that these things are all linked to one problem - some wiring problem in our body.

Whats really weird..when I was preggo..after the third month or so...I felt great. No anxiety, PVCs, Tachy...So pregnancy hormones make me feel completely differnt than menses hormones. Weird, eh?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2005, 05:01 PM   #3
(female)

MrsPM HB User

I also notice my palpitations more easily around my period. It's like my heart is more sensitive to stress--physical or emotional.
And I agree with Cheers about the correlation between arrhythmias and some kind of chemical imbalance or something. I am definately super sensitive to stimuli of any kind that makes the heart rate increase--eating, exercising, even getting up from a sitting position. I don't know Cheers, but hopefully someday someone will figure it all out

Old 10-06-2005, 07:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

My heart is also really "sensitive" but especially during those 2 weeks. Sugar, dehydration (even mild), eating, heat, stress... ugh, I really, really hate it. I try to ignore it the best I can, because I want to live a normal life, but I really just wish my heart would act normal.

Closed Thread