It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2005, 08:07 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

ZARZAB HB User
pain in left side of chest when twisting a certain way?

ok in the past few days, I been getting chest pains, but it seems to be when I turn my body to the left or lean to the left. what's going on? what kind of heart problem hurts only when you move in a certain way?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2005, 10:52 PM   #2
(male)

Pawjin HB User
Re: pain in left side of chest when twisting a certain way?

If you are really looking for answers see a doctor. Heart Problems can have many types of pains, but it's hard to pin point them without having tests done. I would assume its just a pulled mussle or stress, but see a doctor in case.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2005, 09:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

I truly doubt that this is a heart condition. You almost certainly pulled or irritated a muscle and will feel fine again in a few days. This is a common problem.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:08 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

ZARZAB HB User

oh no! coronary artery spasms! why oh why, coronary artery spams??! wait...what are coronary artery spasms? are they serious?

i'll let you guys know if it's still there in a few days. it seems to be right there where my heart is. and in fact, I walked like almost two miles straight today with very little if any pain. if I lean to the left or lean against a wall with my back, the pain will sometimes show up and last for a few seconds and go off and on until I stop leaning/sitting in that position.

Old 11-01-2005, 06:53 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

ZARZAB,

A good rule of thumb is that heart pain is not dependent on body position. Nor does it get worse with a deep breath. These usually pertain to chest wall or spinal originating pain.

Old 11-01-2005, 10:04 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARZAB
ok in the past few days, I been getting chest pains, but it seems to be when I turn my body to the left or lean to the left. what's going on? what kind of heart problem hurts only when you move in a certain way?
There are no heart problems that have a symptom of pain with body movement (I believe that also rules out pericarditis (inflamation of heart's outer lining). The pain is most probably due to poor skeletal articulation and/or skeletal muscle strain that resonates in the area you describe not the heart itself.

With pericarditis there would be other symptoms as well.

Old 11-01-2005, 07:25 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

ZARZAB HB User

that's a relief

Closed Thread