It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2006, 05:08 PM   #1
(female)

Locket25 HB User
Pain behind left breast. Help please

I have a deep pain which becomes excruciating when I am sitting and I have to go and lay down. It is deep inside my chest behind the left breast.
I have reflux and take Rani twice a day so maybe it is related to this and I have arrhythmia which I take a low dose of Sotocor twice a day. This pain is mostly there mildly but can become unbearable if I sit back in a chair so have to forego my recliner for a straight back and not nearly as relaxing Anyone have this or know what it is please?
Thanks for reading
Kay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2006, 09:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: Pain behind left breast. Help please

Well I do not know for sure I dont think it is heart related like angina because it sounds like you can decrease the pain by sittin a certain way from what I have heard and read angina pain will not decrease or get worse with any position.Of course angina usualy comes on with exercise and then will settle soon after resting if its stable angina and if its unstable it will occur wheather resting or moving.As I said though if you can feel this pain when sitting and then change your position and make it lesson or go away I doubt its heart related.I would say possibly from your reflux issue I have heard of simular pains with that.Another idea may be the pain is really orginating in your back? I have read that back pain can sometimes radiate and make some think it is actualy chest pain they are having.

just some ideas I am no doctor.....see what others here think

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2006, 03:50 AM   #3
Julie46

Hi:

I also have reflux, and I get a lot of mild pains in the left breast also....In 2004 I thought I was having a heart attack as I had pain in the left breast, pain in the left arm, not feeling good was admitted to the hospital and they did a Stress Test with dye, ultersound of the heart, you name it they did it, sent me home with a heart monitor (as I get a lot of heart palperations) and still do, they said it was from the reflux...Also my HRT gives me the palperations...However I see the doctor on the 3rd of Feb and I'm going to ask again as it worries one....Oh and I get pain up in my heck and Jaw when the reflux hits hard....

If you are worried I would speak with your doctor about this.

Julie

Old 01-18-2006, 05:54 AM   #4
(female)

heartcreature HB User

I would get it checked out. Everybody experiences different symptoms. I didn't have pain when sitting, but I can remember feeling like I couldn't quite get a full breath into my lungs when seated. I can also remember that when I layed on my stomach (like to watch tv on a bed) I would get odd feelings in my chest. It really wasn't pain but just a feeling that I coudn't ignore. This was all occuring just a few weeks or days before my blockage was found.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:21 PM   #5
(female)

Locket25 HB User

Hi Momoffive (I am also a Mum of 5) thank you for that and I am of the same opinion it could be reflux related. I find I have pain when I eat bran but problem is I really need bran because of diverticulitis and because I take Panadene Forte. for headaches/migraines which are so constipating.
Hi Julie46 thank you also and I did not know and was never told that HRT could cause the heart palpatations which I am on a low dose of Sotocor for. I have been on HRT for 20 years and do not think I will ever be able to cope without it.
Thank you also Heartcreature and I have made an appointment to see my Doctor. Trouble is I do not want to be labelled a hypocondriac and sometimes
albeit we are told as we get older to go have things checked out we are made to feel a bit of a nuisance which is difficult.

Would you believe with all that stuff lol I still feel fairly fit
Thank you again for the great replies.

Old 01-18-2006, 04:16 PM   #6
Julie46

Hi:

I've been on the VIvelle Dot (hrt) for 3 years....I could not LIVE without it...lol

Funny I have heartburn today and almost went to the ER as the left breast pain and back/neck pain is awful, but I've done that 3 times in 5 years and each time they said its the reflux....They did find in 2004 a valve that opens slow, but said it was no big deal...I just hate this feeling as it scares one...I do see my doctor next month and will have her check it out....

I wish everyone luck with this problem...

Julie

Old 01-18-2006, 05:08 PM   #7
(female)

Locket25 HB User

Sorry about your pain and I agree we do worry as we are told "do not take anything for granted when dealing with the heart or a stroke go have it checked" as it appears the pain for a heart attack is very similar to what we have with reflux.
I am on the Estracombi Patch which is Estrogen and Progersteron and I take it for flushing/flashing which for me is for around 6 minutes every hour day and night so not good for my quality of life but HRT is also a worry. Trouble is there is just so much conflicting information given it is hard to make a decision sometimes. Now we are told red wine is good for reducing cholesterol! Even a couple of cups of coffee a day good for us whereas many of us gave up our beloved coffee The new one yesterday says sugar helps the memory - another one we gave up in preference to the artificial stuff.
One day eggs are fine and meat great the next not so good so I sometimes think I should live like my Mum who died at 88 and literally lived on chocolate
and biscuites and cakes and never drank any water other than a few cups of tea a day and some soft drink. Oh and another one fizzy drinks which I had given away also good for us. My husband's Mum is 94 and does watch what she eats and still walking everywhere and living on her own while looking after her great grandson twins. I know amazing.
Thanks again Julie.
Kay
Jimminie Crickets you do wonder lol

Old 01-20-2006, 12:31 AM   #8
(female)

sosickntired HB User

my heart will literally start huring out on nowhere. it aches. my body also feels weak and i feel extrememly tired all the time. im always feeling hungry. i also have hard time breathing in. like the oxygen wont go in all te way and sometimes i will. i feel emotional and phyically sick. ive had two panick attacks allrady. im 16 and im below 5' but im not a midget im petit. when i was born my heart would stop beating. do you think that may be the cause?what is wrong with me??????????????????

Last edited by sosickntired; 01-20-2006 at 12:34 AM.

Old 01-21-2006, 09:44 PM   #9
(female)

Locket25 HB User

Sorry to hear you feel so unwell at such a young age. I am sure you are getting medical help? and your family supportive? Sometimes we go inside ourselves just a bit too much and worry needlessly when life should be for getting out there and having fun. Remember a minute wasted is a minute lost and we never get it back. Try and relax and maybe get some help meditating.
I think most of us know when we focus on our hearts we can feel odd beats and anxiety is a real demon for making a heart act up but as long as you get your medical checks the heart is mostly able to cope quite well for over 100 years.
Good luck, take care but do not get bogged down worrying and have fun as your youth passes all too quickly.
Kay

Closed Thread