It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2006, 08:39 AM   #1
(female)

but HB User
Exclamation endocarditis following cardiac ablation

I desperately need advice, i had a cardiac catheter ablation done 5 weeks ago for paroxysmal AF, atrial flutter and atrial tachycardia, the flutter has been ablated but the other problems remain. since the ablation i have been plagued with problems and been in and out of hospital. other than some pericarditis tests have been unable to confirm what is the matter. the symptoms i have are; pain and heaviness behind the sternum shooting pains around my ribs and lungs , intermittant muscle spasms up the side of my neck, pain in my shoulder,shakiness, shortness of breath, dizziness and fatigue. the severity of the symptoms vary but are having a huge impact on my life as i am unable to exert myself at all. My doctor doesnt think my symptoms can be related to the ablation but these symptoms all started after this procedure and i was wondering if anyone else had a problem like this following an ablation or could think of a cause.
Any help or suggestions gratefully recieved.
Has anyone any experience or knowledge of endocarditis being caused by a cardiac ablation?

Last edited by but; 04-18-2006 at 01:12 PM. Reason: update on 04-18-06

Old 04-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User
Re: cardiac ablation

But, I've the problems quiet similar to yours. I didn't have ablation. A month ago, I told my friends that I've already touching the coffin. I think I'm living inside the coffin now. I don't think it is right but no one bother and they thought it is my head problems. Even the triage nurse yelled at me "you're lying to us"!

Have you checked your hemoglobin? Some blamed on my anemia caused that. Are you on any med? I suspected the "Flecainide" cause my hemoglobin low.

Hope somemore people can pop up and contribute some more knowledges. I need to solve mine one too. I'll keep checking. Hope you get well soon.

Pika.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2006, 10:48 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

xersen HB Userxersen HB User
Lightbulb Re: cardiac ablation

But, I had an ablation on jan 28th for PSVT. I had the EXACT same problems after the surgery that you are describing. I had daily and almost constant chest pain, new palpitations, shortness of breath, heaviness in chest, and dizziness. I was seen by my electrophysiologist and GP. Neither of them knew what would be causing it. I was given an event monitor to see if my heart was the cause. I still have the event monitor, but so far everything has been negative. They also did a chest x-ray and I was referred to a neurologist for the dizziness and depression. (i havn't seen him yet though)

It was basically ruining my life. Im 24 and wasn't able to do anything. I never felt good and i slipped into a pretty bad depression.

Miraculously, about 2 to 3 weeks ago, I sudenly came out of it. The heaviness and shortness of breath went away. My dizziness also stopped. My heart has also calmed down a lot. I no longer have siginficant chest pain or palpitations, unless I eat an unusually large meal. Im basically back to normal and doing normal things.

I was somewhat suprised by how traumatic the ablation was, and how wrong the doctors were when they told me how quickly I'd be back to normal. They said I'd be back at work in less than a week. It took me almost 2 weeks just to get off the couch by myself! I was hunched over when I walked for almost 3 weeks after the surgery! Then all the stuff I experienced after (and you are experiencing now) took amost 2 whole months to resolve.

I'm no doctor, but I almost want to say that all of these problems were just part of my healing process. Just stick with it, take it easy, and I hope that you'll come out of it like I did. You might want to have your doc do a chest xray for walking pneumonia. Just a suggestion.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU! I hope this helps.

Old 05-12-2006, 04:38 PM   #4
(female)

AzSunshine HB User

Electrophysiologists know what the problem is. It's a dirty little secret most aren't willing to share. EP Studies use electricity. Electricity scatters, much like lightening during a storm. It scatters everywhere. It can scatter in our body and nerve endings are magnets that absorb it. It can settle in your nerves and muscles and make them spasm for months after an EP Study. It's not a simple little proceedure like they make it out.

Old 05-12-2006, 05:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzSunshine
It can scatter in our body and nerve endings are magnets that absorb it. It can settle in your nerves and muscles and make them spasm for months after an EP Study.
A simple understanding of science and physics would make clear that that is completely impossible.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:30 PM   #6
(female)

AzSunshine HB User

Just going by what the doctors have told me. Possibly didn't word it correctly
as I was typing.

Closed Thread