It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2006, 12:16 PM   #1
(female)

goldengirlz HB User
could extreme fatigue be heart related?

Hi,

I have had pretty bad fatigue, accompanied by a "foggy" brain and some vision things ( I feel like it's hard to focus and often have glazed, spaced out eyes) for almost 10 years.Plus I get real achey legs when my fatigue is at it's worst.

I was watching Discover Health Channel's Mystery diagnosis and a woman was describing similar symptoms. But I got interrupted before they revealed what was wrong with her. But I did gather that it was something to do with her heart.

Does this sound familiar to any of you? My doc thinks it's depression, but I'm not sure because I'm not sad.

Any thoughts? thanx!

Old 06-18-2006, 08:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User
Re: could extreme fatigue be heart related?

Fatique related to heart disorder happens when the heart does not pump sufficient oxygen-rich blood into circulation during the time of exertion and/or mental stress.

The other symptoms and STRESS usually are related to depression, but sadness is usually associated with depression.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2006, 04:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

I see SADNESS and DEPRESSION as two very different things. Sadness is a reaction to something like the loss of a loved one, a pile of money in the stock market, or a job. Depression is more of a "deadness" inside, almost an inability too feel.

But as KenKeith said, sometimes they can go hand in hand.

I like the Woody Allen (and others) term to describe depression: Anhedonia, the inability to feel pleasure. Allen actually wanted to name the movie ANNIE HALL, ANHEDONIA instead, but those around him felt that the big word would turn off theatergoers.

Old 06-20-2006, 04:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

don444 HB Userdon444 HB User

goldengirlz,
I had a MI fifteen years ago and I do have CAD. I have had something very similar to what you describe for the past three years. When my fatigue first came on I could not function. MD order a cardiac cath. and found everything was not only OK, but actually better than the previous cath. I went to an endocrinologist who diagnosed Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. My thyroid meds were adjusted but did not help. I was forced to retire because of the fatigue. I have had stress tests, echocardiograms, and other cardiac tests since then. I have been to three endocrinologist. The tests show nothing wrong but the fatigue persists.
Last year I was diagnosed with Glaucoma and was treated. I also have leg aches in the calf muscles. I have also had tests on my legs which show no problems with my circulation. My latest MD thinks it might be depression. He did prescribe an anti-inflammatory for my leg pain. I have also tried various allergy meds with varied results.
Have you seen a cardiologist?

Old 06-20-2006, 07:18 PM   #5
(female)

heartcreature HB User

I definitely had the extreme fatigue and I also had some funny things going on with my vision and some brain fog. When I first started having the vision stuff my doctor tested me for diabetes. They decided I was actually slightly hypoglycemic. This was probably 5 years before my heart disease was discovered. I don't have the brain fog anymore and the vision stuff is gone too. I sometimes felt like I was seeing things through a tunnel and yet it seemed almost like too much light was getting in. I do feel that the vision problems and the brain fog were related to the heart problem but I've not had a doctor tell me that.

Closed Thread