It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2006, 10:10 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Sherri-Lynne HB User
Scared and don't know what to do?

I am 25 years old, and I have been complaining of my heart hurting for at least the last 6 months. I have sharp pains in my cheast, lighthaeded, dizzy shortness of breath (when I even walk up the stairs) and a heart murmmer. My cousin 29 years old has been just diagnoised with pumlinary hypertension. My aunt died from it along with my great aunt and my second cousin. A heart and lung diesase (a zero survival rate) and I'm showing all of the early symptoms of it. I am so scared and not ready at all to leave my 3 year old daugther. My doctor thinks that I am a hypocondriact and won't do tests to see if I have this diesase or not. So my question is what do I do about this? How do I go about getting a second opionin or do I end up in the hospital again before I can get tested? Thanks for taking your time out to read this. SL (sorry about the spelling)

Last edited by Sherri-Lynne; 07-09-2006 at 07:43 AM.

Old 07-09-2006, 11:44 AM   #2
(female)

arvc HB User
Re: Scared and don't know what to do?

sherri-lynne,
I'm sorry your doctor is not listening to you. I guess we would all worry if we knew the fate of other family members. This does not mean yours is not warranted. I had a doctor to dismiss me also,(I have heart disease not curable),but I knew how I felt. I had never previously complained of anything that was not found out in some test. You have to insist to your doctors that you know how you feel and that you feel like they are totally dismissing you. Tell them it is your "life" and you would be better off to know and to be able to rule it out and look for another cause if the symptoms continue. Even though I am diagnosed I still have to insist on how I feel and stand my ground, and so far I have been right each time I think something is going on. You may have to seek out another doctor who is willing to listen. I went through about 5 diff. heart tests over 5 years before I was properly diagnosed. I really do not believe doctors set out to make us feel crazy, but sometimes wonder if all the testing is justifiable and trying to get ins. to pay for expensive tests. How long has this doctor known you? Why would he not have reason to take you seriously?(don't feel you need to answer that) If the answer to #2 is I don't know I would be insistant. You know you better than he/she does! I hope this helps!
arvc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread