It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2006, 06:07 PM   #1
(male)

Schroddfather HB User
Odd observation about Magnesium and PVCs

I was just over at the Acid Reflux board and they mentioned that Magnesium can help with acid reflux. I've seen it mentioned here that Magnesium can help PVCs. Also, the Acid Reflux peeps mentioned that PVCs can be caused by acid reflux as it irritates the Vagus nerve.

With my own PVCs, I had it worse when lying down. I had a sinus infection and the PVCs went away for over a month when I got antibiotics (Levaquin) for the sinus infection. I still have a throat lump, which my ENT says is nothing serious. (Technically, it is a lingual tonsil inflammation, but there is no sign of anything else untoward.) Still, I want the lump to go away and was over at the Acid Reflux board on the hopes that something there might help.

Anyway, I'm wondering now.....might Magnesium fight Acid Reflux and therefore help PVCs for those peeps whose PVCs are due to Vagus nerve irritation?

It's all very interesting......I much prefer natural methods to medication, although obviously I will take them when necessary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2006, 07:52 AM   #2
(male)

Ken289 HB User
Re: Odd observation about Magnesium and PVCs

I think magnesium neutralizes stomach acid but does not prevent acid reflux. Poor esophegeal sphincter control is what allows the acid reflux, while magnesium (a key component in most liquid antacids) helps neutralize it wherever it is. Magnesium helps loosen the bowels while calcium restricts the bowels (and also neutralizes stomach acid)-again why most liquid antacids contain both.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2006, 10:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User
Re: Odd observation about Magnesium and PVCs

Magnesium is an electrolyte which essentially means that it helps transmit the electrical signals necessary to maintain a health and normal heartbeat.

Closed Thread