It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2006, 01:52 AM   #1
(female)

tinklesinaz HB User
recurring chest pain

hi all,,

i need suggestions or ideas on what this could be or test to tell the dr to run...any help is appreciated..

i am a 32 year old female, and for the last 4 years i have been having recurring chest pain.. right in between my breasts.. not a sharp pain,but this achy heavy feeling,the only thing that makes it go away is going to lay down for a few min.. i went to the dr, they did chest xrays, ekg, said i was fine and sent me home. went back quite a few times over the next couple of years, never figured out what it was, gave me acid reflux pills, didnt work, gave me anti-inflamitorys they didnt work.. said my blood pressure was high and my heart rate was pretty high as well. gave me 25mg of altenalol. that didnt help either.

then a year ago- i eneded up in the er with the chest pain and extremly high blood pressure.. they didnt really take me seriously but they did run some tests. ekg, ct scans. xrays, blood tests ...the ekg, ct scan, xrays all came back fine. but my blood tests showed elevated cardiac enzyme levels. not HIGH but elevated,they made me stay overnight to continue monitoring the blood tests.. come morning they let me go with directions to see the cariologist for a cardioecho and nuclear stress test..and to see my regular dr for a follow up for the high blood pressure.

went to see the cariologist- had the echo and stress test. both came back fine.. went to see my reg dr and he up'd my altenalol to 50 mg.. within a week the chest pains were almost gone.. just get them once in awhile.. not everyday like i was..

then 2 weeks ago, out of the blue the chest pains are back. daily .only today they were accompidied with some sweating and some pain in my back between the shoulder blades.today was the first time for the sweating and pain in shoulder blades.

since my echo and stress test came back fine, my doc says its not my heart, but is clueless about what it could be..and doenst seem all that intersted in finding the cause.

anyone else have something similar to this? any test suggestions i can pass on to my dr????

thx..

jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2006, 08:31 AM   #2
(female)

ryleetn HB User
Re: recurring chest pain

You sound a lot like me, I have been having not chest pains but a achiness in my chest right in the center, it started after I had my daughter she is 17 months old, I went to the doctor we did all the tests chest xray blood work gallbladder upper gi, nothing so she sent me to a cardiologist so far I have had 3 ekgs
part of a stress test because I have large breast I have to do mine in 2 parts????? The second part is today just the resting scan. Also I had an ultrasound of my heart which so far all is normal I don't know yet about stress test. Anyway still having wierd feelings in chest, sometimes like all day yesterday had problems getting a good breath felt like I needed to yawn, I keep thinking it's somehow stress related, but I also have lots of back pain too, some sweating on occasion.. honestly it is all driving me crazy and I just wish they would figure it out.Please if you find out something about yours let me know and I will do the same.

Old 07-21-2006, 07:01 PM   #3
(male)

Toneman HB User

I don't think I would take a chance, I would go back to the cardiologist and have the nuclear stress test done again. I was having recurring chest pain and went to the ER in Feb 05 and ended up having all the same tests, Thallium stress, echo, bloodwork and xrays, all normal. Because I was still having some mild discomfort this past March when I had my annual physical, my doctor referred me to a cardiologist to be safe and she repeated all the same test from last Feb, Thallium stress, echo, bloodwork and xrays, all came back normal again.

My docotor also ordered an ultrasound of my abdomen where they found I had gallbladder disease and I had it removed in May. This releived my chest pain. Although not typical, gallbladder disease can show up as chronic chest pains as mine did along with pain in the back between the shoulder blades especially under the right shoulder blade, it may be worth checking into.

With that said, I would not take a chance as your symptoms are also typical of cardiac problems so it would be better to be safe than sorry. I would see your cardiologist and let them decide, that's what they do and are probably a better resource than a family doctor. You should definately rule out any heart problems first.

Good Luck

Tony

Old 07-21-2006, 08:28 PM   #4
(female)

tinklesinaz HB User

gallbladder problem would cause chest pain??? hmmmmmmmmm..thx for the info!!!

tinkles

Old 07-22-2006, 07:22 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

backslide05 HB User

Do you have any digestive problems?

I was having pain in my chest off and on for months, first one side then the other and also inbetween and radiating down my arm and back. I went to a cardio did all the tests, heart is fine, etc.
Then later had some gastrointestinal problems and went to a gastro for upper and lower gi tests.
Come to find out it's gastric reflux, and many of the symptoms mimic heart problems. Just a thought you might want to explore.

Old 07-22-2006, 08:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mari526 HB User
Post Re: recurring chest pain

What other medications are you on? Are you also taking any herbal or vitamin supplements? More information is needed before I can think of anything.

Closed Thread